Chapter 44

You were deep in your thoughts, how could the founder be alive? What timeline was this? Was this heaven, or hell? Did you die?

You were cut out of your thoughts as the old man yelled out 'OH MY GOD!' You moved your attention on the men again and kept yourself hidden, them finding out that you were there wouldn't be a good idea especially if they were Joestars.

"You look just like that photo I saw of Speedwagon when he was young!" He exclaimed as he pointed at Speedwagon, "you've seen me before? Good, that should make things quicker." He stated with a grin, he held out the corpse part again. "This is part of the Holy Corpse, to put it simply, it's the mummified dead body of a great man who died a very long time ago."

He held the corpse part closer to him, "the Holy Corpse has guided me through a plethora of different eras of history." His expression changed into a more serious one, "as we speak, our world is falling into a truly phenomenal crisis, which has given birth to all kinds of anomalies!"

He glanced at the Japanese student next to him, "just like what happened to that Kakyoin guy there."

The old man seemed to be confused at this, "you're saying that Kakyoin and Avdol came back to life because of anomalies?" "Don't worry about me Mr. Joestar, my memory cuts off at the point when Dio attacked me and I was flung into a water tank," Kakyoin said as he looked at the old man, "but then why did Avdol and I attack Mr. Joestar and the others? I want to know the truth." He seemed to be asking that question from himself, "Kakyoin, who is the Noble One that you were talking about before? Is he connected to the crisis that Speedwagon mentioned?" Jotaro questioned his friend, "I don't know, I can't remember anything at all."

Joseph turned to look at Speedwagon, "so what's this request of yours?" He asked as he watched Speedwagon put the corpse part back to his pocket, "I'll give it to you straight! I want you to help me gather up the Holy Corpse parts!" He yelled in excitement, "there are nine Holy Corpse parts in total! And they possess bizarre powers! If we collect the other eight parts, we can build them into the Full Corpse and unleash its true power! Then, we'll be able to fix all the anomalies and avert the crisis!" He yelled until his expression changed from happy to nervous one, "at least, I think we will."

Corpse parts that possess great powers? They could be useful to you, maybe they would be the help you just needed.

"You 'think' we will?" Jean Pierre said in a mocking tone, "truth be told, I don't really know myself, since I came into the possession of the corpse, I've been hearing voices whispering in my ear, that's what led me here." Speedwagon said as he seemed to be in deep thought, Jean Pierre thought that he was utterly out of his mind.

"Wait, Polnareff. Let's hear him out," the old man said making the french man shut up. "The era I belong in was thrown in total chaos by those anomalies," Speedwagon said with a hint of fear in his voice before he lifted his fist into the air, "But I can't do anything about it by myself!" He moved his hand down as he looked at the old Joestar. "The Holy Corpse led me here so that I could meet you, in other words, you must be the ones who are capable of stopping the crisis that threatens our world!" His face seemed to change into a confused one again, "I think..." Polnareff let out a sigh.

"I know this is coming out of nowhere, but I'm begging you! Please fight alongside me!" Speedwagon pleaded, "talk about surreal, I've been through all kinds of bizarre adventures, but this is really a cut above the rest."

The old man said before he turned to look at his friends, "well, what do you all think?" He asked them, "gimme a break... It's the craziest thing I've ever heard." Jotaro said, "I can't understand a thing he says, and I don't trust a word of it either!" The french man said next, "but, he really did bring Kakyoin back to normal..." He admitted, "I trust him, I don't really see any other choice," Kakyoin said confidently.