3 - Nami no Kuni

Sakura Haruno walked out of the village, leaping from tree to tree with Kakashi-Sensei. Sakura had fallen for a simple Genjutsu, and was behind Naruto and Sasuke, so she needed training. Kakashi volunteered to go with her, and they were going to a city nearby, where gamblers resided. She knew who she had to find. She knew here soon-to-be sensei's habits. She had read all the books on that one kunoichi. They arrived at the city. Sakura and Kakashi entered a gambling den, ready for trouble. 

'Hey! If you aren't here for gambling, scram!' A man said, angry. 

'Hey! Stop it, Nakamura!' A woman with a diamond on her forehead said. 'You're Konoha nin? Why the hell are you here?' 

'Tsunade-sama! I want you to train me!' Sakura said, determined to make the kunoichi accept her. 

Tsunade thought about it, then nodded. 'Show me what you can do.'

**One week later**

Naruto sat at the mission station crosslegged. 

'Hmph!' Naruto pretended, crossarmed. 

He looked like a brat. Perfect. He would be underestimated. 

'Hokage-sama I WANT A HIGHER RANK MISSION!' Naruto fake complained to Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Sandaime Hokage. 

'Ok, but you need to prove yourself. Do a C+ rank jutsu right here, right now.' Hiruzen said, disappointed. 

'Easy!' Naruto said. 'Kage Bunshin Jutsu!' 

10 shadow clones appeared, forming around Naruto. 

'Fireball Jutsu!' Sasuke said, weaving the seals. He breathed fire out into the road. 

'My turn.' Sakura said. 'I'm showing the fruits of my training with Tsunade.' 

The Sandaime Hokage puked. 'She's back?' 

Kakashi nodded. Sakura concentrated chakra onto her hands, then punched the ground behind them, shattering the wood and creating a big shockwave. 

'Ummm, ok, you all pass.' Hiruzen said, nodding.

'I'm Tazuna the bridge builder. Your mission is to guard me until I finish making the bridge. Simple. Ok, let's start.' The man who they had to guard grunted. 

Naruto, with his Kyuubi enhanced senses, sensed that the mission would not be that easy. They walked on the road, ready to guard Tazuna from any incoming dangers.

**One Hour Later**

An hour had passed, and Naruto was still walking with his team. He was in the mindscape, Kurama helping him move. This week Naruto was doing Fuinjutsu, Kurama had surprised him saying that this was his clan's specialty. 

'Naruto! Danger incoming!' Kurama warned, as Naruto snapped out of the mindspace.

Two shinobi materialized from a water puddle, ready to attack Tazuna. Apparently, the only one who hadn't noticed was Sasuke, but it was surprising, as he had the Sharingan. Sakura spinned around and punched one in the face, while Kakashi sparred with another. Naruto pretended not to notice, putting on a shocked expression. In reality, Naruto could have just used the Whirlwind Fist to send the two rogues flying, and Naruto knew Kakashi could do better than that, he was just too lazy. Kakashi and the other rogue traded kunai blows, Kakashi noticing the blades of the rogue's kunai. 'The kunai is coated with poison!' Kakashi warned as he sent the opponent into the floor. Sakura quickly tied the two rogues together. Naruto wanted to trade them in at the bounty station. Naruto quickly put the team in a complicated Genjutsu, where he "hurt" himself. 

Naruto Shunshinned to the bounty station, where he traded in the two rogues and collected around 10,000 ryō. 'I have to go back before they notice!' Naruto thought as he Shunshinned back.

'That was troublesome.' Kakashi thought as Naruto swiftly ended the Genjutsu. 'Was I under a Genjutsu?' 

The Jounin wondered, before shaking the thought off. Team 7 continued walking. 

'When I get back, I'm going to start gathering the other teams. I'm sure Kitto has the rogues handled.' Naruto thought.

**1 Hour Later, Nami no Kuni**'

The boat carefully cruised onto the pier. The team stepped off, ready to settle down at Tazuna's house. Just then, a snow white rabbit hopped over. 

'There's a ninja nearby.' Kakashi said, warning the team to be alert and assume their formation around Tazuna.

'It's Zabuza Momochi.' Kurama said, ready.

'Hai! Good. I'll place everyone in a Genjutsu so Zabuza can finish his mission.' Naruto decided. 

He looked around, assuming his position. Naruto made sure that the formation was flawed, as he prepared for Zabuza's entrance. 

'Kakashi of the Sharingan, Copy Ninja, I presume?' A voice said. 

The man had white bandages wrapped around his face and held an executor's blade.

'Zabuza Momochi, missing-nin from the Mist.' Kakashi said, ready for a battle.

'Kurama, I'll begin. Assist.' Naruto said.

'Ok. I'll lend you my chakra.' Kurama replied, as the Genjutsu enveloping Team 7 with a message to Zabuza begun.