5 - InoShikaCho

**A week later**

Shikamaru, the smartest and most talented shinobi of the Nara clan, walked to his home to play Shogi with his father, Shikaku Nara. 

'Oi! Shikamaru-kun! Come to me to Yakiniku Q! Team 8 and Naruto invited us and they're paying!' Choji walked over, inviting Shikamaru. 

'They want to talk to us, Team 10, about something. Why else would they bankrupt themselves feeding Choji?' Shikamaru thought. 'It has to be important though.'

 'Ok, I'll come. Go get Ino.' Shikamaru said. 

'She's going there too!' Choji cheered. 'YAY! Yakiniku Q! Best food ever!'

**Yakiniku Q**
Shino, Kiba, and Hinata sat next to Naruto, eating beef and chicken. They had to eat before Choji got all the food. 

'Hey! Shikamaru!' Kiba said, waving. 

Shikamaru had arrived, his hair spiking up as usual. Choji, the big-boned shinobi, was behind Shikamaru along with Ino, her blonde hair tied at the back of her head. 

'Hey, wait for me!' Choji said, rushing to the table. 

Choji quickly swooped all the meat onto his plate and started wolfing down the meat. 

'So, if you invited us, you need to talk about something, don't you?' Shikamaru said, taking a seat next to Choji. 

'Yeah. How do you feel about Konoha?' Naruto asked. 

'Hmmm, too little food.' Choji said, looking down onto the food. 

'The missions are too boring without Sasuke-kun.' Ino said dreamily. 

'Ino, what else?' Shino asked. 

'I don't like how Sakura is getting all the attention and she is surpassing me. I don't like this environment. Ugh. Sakura is finally getting noticed by Sasuke when I'm a background character!' 

'I don't want to do anything but shogi. What a drag.' Shikamaru said. 

'Well, do you want to join us? We're the Yama Alliance.' Naruto said. 

'Sounds like a drag, but sure.' Shikamaru said. 

'Good. Train as hard as you can, learn all of your family jutsu and master your Kekkei Genkai. In 7 months, after the Chunin Exam, we're going to do something amazing.' Naruto instructed. 

Everyone nodded as Kiba secretly gave the last piece of meat to Akamaru. 

'HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!' Choji said angrily as everyone else laughed. 

Naruto had found even more friends.

**InoShikaCho Memorial Training Grounds**

Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru sat at the Memorial Stone, preparing to train with their parents. They needed to master their family jutsu. 

'Alright, perform InoShikaCho!' Shikaku Nara said, directing the genin on their techniques. Shikaku, Choza, and Inoichi had mastered the formation, and were ready to give pointers on their kid's techniques. Naruto was strolling past, when he saw them training and had an idea. 

'Hey sir, I have an idea for your formation.' Naruto said. 

These 3 families weren't hostile to him, and they knew of the Yondaime Hokage's last wish. 

'Go on.' Shikaku said. 

He knew that ideas helped them improve. 

'How about a puppet jutsu for Shikamaru, a tornado and hand blade for Choji, and a paralysis and sensory jutsu for Ino?' Naruto suggested. 

'Good idea!' Shikaku clapped his hands. 

'What a drag...' Shikamaru said, 'but I'll do it.' 

'And Naruto. How did you learn our specialties?' Shikaku asked curiously. 

'Let's just say that I have my own ways of finding things and information.' Naruto said, walking away.

'Shadow Puppet Jutsu!' Shikamaru yelled, his shadow morphing into two puppets. 

'YEAH!' He yelled. 

'Partial Expansion: Hand Blade Jutsu!' Choji roared, as his hands expanded and he sliced the ground, causing a big shockwave. 

'Mind Destruction: Paralysis Jutsu!' Ino shot something at Choji, causing him to stop moving. 

'Yeah!' Team 10 cheered as Ino dispelled the jutsu. They had each learned a new jutsu.

**Naruto's Apartment**

Naruto sat on his bed crosslegged. He needed someone who could create houses quickly, and fortunately, Kurama knew who could do that.

'I remember when I fought Hashirama Senju. He had Wood Release, and he could create houses easily, quickly, and neatly.'

'Cool! But how do I find him? He was my ancestor, but he died.' Naruto said.

'Remember I said something about someone having Wood Release in your year? Just go find her, and she'll help you.'

'Thanks Kurama!'

'Her name is Chiba Hashiraka, from Team 6. Teiko Hitoko is their Jounin sensei.'

Naruto grinned. The Chuunin Exams were starting in a week, and he would meet Zabuza, Kisame, Haku, Raiga, Gaara, and his siblings. A few others would be coming too. He would get Team 6 to join afterwards. A few more months.

'Kurama. Let's continue Doton.'

'Ok, Naruto. Let's continue.'