16 - Gaara Escort Squad! Kunoichi POWERRR!

Quickly performing a transformation Jutsu, the mist Shinobi hidden in the stands jumped into the arena. They had transformed into Gaara's team: Raiga into Temari, Juzo into Baki, Zabuza into Kankuro, and Kisame as..... well, Karasu. On "Kankuro"'s back. The swordsmen leaped with Gaara into the trees heading out of Konoha.

'Why is the jinchuuriki leaving with his team?' Orochimaru wondered. 'They were supposed to distract the Konoha nin! WHATEVER!'

Tenten, Lee, and Sakura noticed that the other Konoha genin were not moving. As Sakura touched the genin's bodies, the shadow clones dispelled.

'Why would their bodies be shadow clones?' Sakura noticed, thinking.

'I know! BECAUSE THEY ARE YOUTHFUL!' Lee suggested, cheering at youth.

'COULD YOU JUST SHUT THE HECK UP!!??' Tenten said, mad at Lee.

Tenten smashed a staff into Rock Lee's head.

'But these are Naruto's shadow clones and Suna's sand clones, as well as clones I don't know about....' Sakura inquired. 'Naruto is helping Suna? No, that can't be, Naruto's too dumb for that...'

Sakura's bright brain kicked into action as Guy's pathetic student started lamenting about Sakura.

'Oh, I wish Sakura would love me.... Nice job, Sakura-chan, my love...'

Tenten bopped Lee on the head again for making stupid comments.

Meanwhile, Gaara and the 4 swordsmen jumped from tree to tree, evading followers.

'Gaara! Transform into Konoha Jounin!' Raiga commanded, transforming again.

The squad slowed down, now disguised as Konoha nin. They knew that stalkers wouldn't suspect Konoha nin.

'Hold it right there! I am here!' A familiar man with the kanji for oil engraved on his headband, and spiky white hair.

'Shoot.' Kisame thought. 'Jiraiya of the Sannin.'

**Arena**

Sakura Haruno examined the clones. 

'These are made from shadows!' Sakura noticed about Shikamaru's body.

'These are sand!' Tenten said, pointing to Temari and Kankuro.

'And these are made of........' Lee said.

'Good to hear that you're saying something useful this time....' Tenten said.

'YOUTH!!!!!!!' Lee screamed enthusiastically.

'LEE-BAKA!' Tenten roared, punching Lee again.

'These are water.' Sakura noticed about the Kiri-nin.

'These are dirt.' Tenten pointed to Team 6.

'These are Naruto's shadow clones, I recognize them.' Sakura gestured towards Team 8 and 10, except for Shikamaru.

'So....... What happened?' Tenten asked, trying to comprehend the mysteries happening: first the Suna-Oto attack, then the missing shinobi?

'I think all these shinobi are part of something. Together. I just can't get where Naruto places in this puzzle grid. He's an idiot, so I don't know where he would fit.' Sakura said.

'I think the one behind this is the enemy of youth, DEATH! So probably.... AN OLD GUY!' Lee made another stupid comment, leading to Tenten punching him.... AGAIN.

**Warehouse**

Naruto's heart raced faster as Gaara hadn't arrived yet.

'Has Gaara run into trouble? The team that were to escort him were S-Rank shinobi..... Trouble?' Naruto wondered, concerned about his friend.

'Hey, Naruto, need me to go get Gaara?' Hidan said, thirsting for battle.

'Yeah, sure, Hidan.' Naruto replied.

Hidan darted into the trees, ready for trouble. BLOOD. Hidan licked his lips.

**Arena**

Sakura thought for a long time, with Lee occasionally interrupting with useless comments and getting hit by Tenten. Man, doesn't that genin learn?

'If the two shinobi clones of the Suna-nin are here, and the real Suna-nin took Gaara...' Sakura's thoughts trailed off, feeling like she had hit gotten a good clue.

'Sakura-chan, should we go find the real ones?' Tenten suggested.

'Oh yeah! That's a great idea!' Sakura exclaimed, finding the "initiate" phase of the investigation. 'We should start off with following the Suna-nin!'

'Yeah!' Tenten realized.

The two kunoichi jumped into the trees, as Lee darted forward at high speeds.

'Wow, I guess his talents finally are put into use.' Sakura noted.

'Yeah, he's only physically strong. He can't use chakra. And he's a big pain.' Tenten said.

'I agree. We kunoichi have to keep our teams in check.' Sakura said.

Tenten nodded, laughing with Sakura.

Further in the forest, Gaara and the 4 swordsmen prepared to battle, dropping their disguises.

'4 rogues and the Kazekage's son, working together. How peculiar.' Jiraiya said, ready to fight.

The Toad Sage quickly summoned 5 toads, ready to fight. The swordsmen drew their blades as sand poured out of Gaara's gourd.

'Attack.' Gaara muttered, and the swordsmen charged. As a team.

**Hidan's location, forests of Konoha**

Hidan drew his scythe, ready to attack. This terrain was terrible for his jutsu, yet he was pumping with excitement. He would get back in a fight. FINALLY! Hidan finally noticed a party of 5 battling a man with red and gray robes.

'An old guy. No sweat.' Hidan boasted as he swung his scythe.

==================

A/N

WOOO! KUNOICHI POWER!

Did you enjoy the chapter? Thanks for reading! Remember to follow me, drop a vote and a comment! Enjoy, and have a nice day!

PS: This is where the action ignites.

Preview! Next Chapter, on Outcast......

Get ready for a heated fight between Kisame, Raiga, Juzo, Zabuza, Gaara, and Hidan against Sakura, Tenten, Lee and Jiraiya -- but a familiar face joins in. Wait. His face is covered.

*winks* Get ready for more excitement, in Mountain Team Battle: Toad VS Jewel!