8 - Team 6

Naruto sat on the balcony of the building where they would have the third stage Preliminaries. 

'Hmph.' Naruto pretended, sitting cross legged. 

Naruto quickly sent a message to Haku using a Fuuton: Silent Transmission, a technique that he had created.

'Haku, make it to the finals, but the two nin with you should fail.' Naruto transmitted.

'Ok. I'll tell Suigetsu and Ranmaru, Raiga's apprentice.' Haku transmitted back.

'Suigetsu came with you?' Naruto asked.

'Yeah. We spring him, Karin, and Jūgo. Your fox told us to bring them here.' Haku said.

'Good.' Naruto said. 'Nice job, Kitto.' Naruto thought.

Naruto looked around. Team 10, 8, and 6 had passed, as well as a Kusa team, a Taki team, a Kumo team, Haku's team, Gaara's team, and the Suna team that had beaten Team Guy, the team with the weirdo, Rock Lee, who kept on screaming YOUTH. Apparently, there were 50 teams who started, but only 10 made it through. In total, there were 30 people. 

'I'm Genma Shiranui, your proctor for the third part, including the preliminaries. The next phase is one on ones.' A Konoha Jonin said.

'Bleh. Like I didn't know.' Naruto said disrespectfully.

'NARUTOOOO!' Sakura said.

Actually, Naruto actually knew, but he just wanted to keep it secret. So he would be underestimated. The team of jonin-level Kiri nin already knew that it was a facade, but they kept it secret. They nodded secretly. Naruto nodded back.

'Stop it.' Genma said, continuing. 'If you get knocked out, or you forfeit, you lose. It's the same vice versa. We'll start the preliminaries now.'

The first match was Gaara against a random Suna nin. He won easily. In the match between Kankuro and Shino, the match was close, but Kankuro won. Kiba fought Sasuke, but lost to Sasuke's new technique, Chidori. Hinata fought against Ranmaru, but Ranmaru purposely lost. The Kumo nin won the Taki nin, and Sakura won a Kusa nin. Temari beat Genma (Team 6) and Hakaku beat a Kumo nin. Hashiraka crushed the Taki nin and the matches went on until it was the final match: Naruto against Shikamaru.

'Shadow Puppet: Flip Shadow Jutsu!' Shikamaru said, as Naruto's shadow wrapped around him, turning him into a puppet. 

'Shadow Clone Jutsu!' Naruto said, though he knew in a real fight, they would be useless. 

'Shadow Puppet Jutsu!' Shikamaru said, creating two shadow puppets from his shadow. 

He kept the Flip Shadow Jutsu on, while his puppets used Shadow Strangle on Naruto's clones. 

'I, Nara Shikamaru, forfeit.' Shikamaru said. 

Naruto had told Shikamaru to forfeit, and Shikamaru agreed. 

'Ok.' Genma Shiranui said. 'The matchups will be announced soon. You have one month to train. You are dismissed.'

The shinobi left the building, ready for more training.

'Team Mountain.' Naruto transmitted. 'Meet me outside the village tomorrow morning. We'll train together, and meet each other. Bring some food. I'll get Team 6 and Neji to join us.'

The others in Team Yama, the squad of ninja that would join Naruto, nodded. Naruto flicked them a thumbs up as he went to find Team 6.

**Hashiraka's Apartment**

'So, Naruto-kun, you wanted to see me and my team?' Hashiraka, the girl with Wood Release, said to Naruto. She had chestnut brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. Her team sat on her bed. 

'Yeah. Are you enjoying Konoha? I heard that you were orphans.' Naruto asked.

'Don't say the word "orphan".' Hashiraka shot Naruto a look of bloodlust.

'Sorry. I was also an orphan. My dad and mom died when I was a baby.' Naruto said.

'Ohh....' Genma Kurama of Team 6 said.

'Well, I have an offer for you. Why don't we become friends, and make a new village?' Naruto offered.

'I guess we'll accept.' Hakaku said. He activated his Sharingan, seeing the Nine-Tailed Beast. 'Now I get why the villagers abused you.'

'Yeah, my friend here is treated like a bad guy. He's actually a good friend.' Naruto patted his seal. He knew that this guy, Hakaku Uchiha, was the real deal. He had an Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan at 14. Kurama beamed.

'I think so. I sense sincerity in you.' Hashiraka said.

'Good. Meet me tomorrow morning on the mountain outside Konoha.' Naruto said.

Team 6 nodded, happy that they had found another friend. Naruto, felt the same thing. But before he could go to Ichiraku for ramen dinner, he had to find Neji Hyuga.

**Hyuga Mansion**

Naruto knocked on the door. Hinata slid the wooden door open, waving. Hinata blushed. 

'Where can I find Neji?' Naruto asked.

'He's in his room, on the left wing. He's angry at someone called Lee?' Hinata said.

'Ok, thanks, Hinata-chan!' Naruto said, waving to his friend.

Naruto ran to Neji's room. Knock! 

'WHO IS IT?' Neji said.

'I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I want to talk to you.' Naruto replied.

'Come in.' Neji said.

Neji slid the door open and Naruto sat down. There was a picture of Team 9 on Neji's desk. Guy and Lee's faces were torn away. Naruto knew Neji was angry. At his team. At his family. Naruto knew how that felt like. Being resented. Being excluded. Those were feelings that Naruto had felt since he was 5.

'Would you like to join me in leaving Konoha in 4 months?' Naruto said.

'YES!' Neji said, excited at the fact that he didn't have to see Lee's annoying face again.

All he had to do was endure for 4 more months. Then goodbye. Neji was delighted that he had received this offer.

'Good. Come to the mountain outside Konoha tomorrow morning. We'll be having a party there tomorrow. See ya there!' Naruto said as he waved to Neji.

Neji smiled. For once in his life, Neji had smiled. It felt so comfortable. So good. He knew that he would go for sure. As Naruto Shunshinned to Ichiraku, Neji knew that he had found a good friend and companion in Naruto Uzumaki, the genius ninja about to go rogue from Konoha.