23 - The War Begins

**Yamagakure**

Naruto sat in his chair. Onoki had declared war on his allies. He needed to ready his troops and prepare to battle. Mei was sending a group to attack Iwa and requested for Deidara.

'Deidara!' Naruto called.

'Yes?' Deidara burst through the door, moulding clay dolls.

'The Mizukage requests your services in an attack on Iwagakure.'

'Hai!' Deidara grinned.

Deidara teleported to Kirigakure.

'Oh, how much fun. Time to destroy my old village.' Deidara thought.

**Konohagakure**

Kakashi lounged on his swivel chair. Onoki had declared war on Kirigakure, Yamagakure, and Sunagakure. Not a good idea. Kakashi knew the power levels of the rogues in Yamagakure. There were definitely more of them, but he didn't know who.

'Sakura! Rally Asuma, Guy, Tenten, Tsunade, Kurenai, and Jiraiya!' Kakashi called.

'Hai!' Sakura rushed out of the room, calling the Konoha jounin and chunin.

Later, all of the shinobi Kakashi had summoned stood in the room.

'Please go on a reconnaissance mission to the Land of Cliffs. We need to get intel on Yamagakure. Kurenai. Asuma. Guy. Your students may be there. You are my most trusted Jounin. We must know what shinobi they have, as Onoki has begun the war.' Kakashi said.

'Hai!' The shinobi in the room apart from Kakashi said, saluting.

The jounin, including the newly promoted Tenten, walked out of the room.

'Guy-sensei, do you think we can do this?' Tenten asked.

'Of course, through the power of YOUTHHH! I'm bringing LEE!'

'NO WAY!' Tsunade roared, and Guy jumped back.

Tsunade knew all about Lee from her apprentices, Sakura and Tenten. The Sannin knew of the genin's annoyingness, and uselessness. Guy was afraid of the Sannin. Tsunade scared even Kakashi. Her brute strength could overpower the average jounin, no, a whole squad of experienced JONIN!

'Ok ok, Tsunade-sama.' Guy said politely.

The squad of jounin quickly traveled to the forest beyond Konoha.

**Yamagakure**

'Deidara is going to be helping Kiri take care of Iwa, and Toshi, Suigetsu, and Kakuzu will be fighting Kumo. Kumo is more powerful than Iwa, so we're sending more forces there. Hidan, Shino (earth), Kisame, and Hakaku will be on standby. Hashiraka will send wood clones for support in Yamagakure, Kumo, and Iwa.' Naruto announced. 'The rest will stay here. You will await requests from our allies. Sasori, Kankuro, Temari, Gaara, and Genma, Sunagakure requests your services. Konan, Pain, Choji (his element is earth), Neji (his element is wind), Kiba (fire), Hinata (water), Kirigakure wants your help. Please dispatch immediately.'

'Hai!' The selected shinobi Hirashinned away, to their location.

Naruto stood on the stage where he would announce important messages to the village.

'Naruto-sama, we should be expecting an attack. Who will defend the village?' Yagura asked.

'The ones awaiting missions will stay here to defend. Including me.' Naruto replied, agreeing with Yagura.

**At Konoha Squad**

Sakura scanned the area. The kunoichi had invented an sensory Jutsu that utilised chakra and the basics of medical ninjutsu. The squad had to admit, Sakura was a genius.

'There are many chakra signatures up on the mountain. I'm guessing that most of them are villagers, as the shinobi from their village are fighting Kumo and Iwa.' Sakura said.

'Good job, Sakura.' Jiraiya said.

The jounin Shunshinned up the hill.

'There's a wall here.' Tenten said.

'It's a genjutsu.' Sakura said. 'Kai!'

The wall dispersed, and a beautiful entrance with two Raijin Kunai strapped to the side appeared.

'Woah.' Sakura said. 'This is so good!'

Jiraiya walked in, only to bump his head.

'There's a barrier.... OW!' Jiraiya said.

'There are four tags on the corners of the barrier.' Tenten noticed. 'Let's take them off!'

Tenten, Sakura, Asuma, and Guy each removed a tag. The barrier opened, but four copies of Tenten, Sakura, Asuma, and Guy loomed.

'Intruders!' Sakura heard a familiar voice say. Ino.

30 shinobi and 5 samurai immediately sprung into action, weapons drawn and Jutsu ready. High amounts of chakra surrounded the city.

'Evacuate to the secret safehouse!' Shikamaru called as the 40 citizens darted away.

'Tsunade-sama!' Sakura said, as Tsunade rushed in, fighting the ninja of Yamagakure.

Ino rushed up and blocked Tsunade, occasionally landing a strong hit on Tsunade.

'How did she get super-strength..... I only taught her medical ninjutsu!' Tsunade said.

'The Yamakage was kind enough to teach every shinobi in our village. That is why our genin are stronger than your Konoha Jounin.' Ino explained, beaming.

'What the....' Jiraiya said.

'Wind Crescent Jutsu!' Ino shot out a sharp blast of wind at Tsunade.

The Sannin dodged, as Ino shot out another blast.

'Score!'

Asuma's jaw dropped open. His student had progressed so far. Tenten, Guy, Asuma, and Sakura had easily took care of Pain's jutsu, while Jiraiya and Tsunade battled the Yamagakure shinobi.

'This will be a fun fight.' Shikamaru thought, smiling.

------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry I couldn't upload for a while, Wattpad was glitching...

I'll post a chart of the character's chakra natures later, bye