Part 9. Shelby Girl

Tommy's POV

We walk real slow down the river, trying to move her as little as possible. Arthur and John holding the 'brancard' with Vive on it. I walk at the side of her, holding her hand not leaving her out of my sight. Still checking her puls every two minutes. The one second she's awake, the other second she's out again.

We all try to keep her awake by talking to her. Before we left the house, we all put our coats on her but she's still shivering like crazy. "We're almost home". Her eyes open again and she lets moans softly.

"It's alright eh, you're just fine. Hold on just a little more" Arthur says to her.

When our house is at sight, I let go of Vive's hand and I run ahead of them, opening the front door so they can enter. The brancard is not going to fit through the door.

"Pol! Clear the table right now!" I yell inside. She sticks her head out of the kitchen door and looks at me "found her!?" I nod, pointing to the kitchen "the table Pol, now."

I gesture to John and Arthur to hurry up. When they enter the doorstep I need to lift Vive so I can bring her inside. I can't really pick her up without touching a painful spot.

"Alright love, I am going to lift you up right now" I say while putting my left hand under her knees and my right hand just under her neck, trying not to hurt her with all my power. She's so small, God it's a miracle she's not dead.

As I lift her, she lets out a scream and moans "stop, stop, please stop", she cries. Her head resting on my chest as I walk her inside.

Polly's in a complete shock when she sees the state Vive's in. She's complete stiffened standing in the kitchen corner, observing the way I try to lay Vive on her side on the table. I need Polly, she needs to help right now.

"Arthur!" I say looking for him in the room. He stands right behind me. "Come're, hold her". He does as I say and keeps her on the side. I walk up at Polly and take her head in my hands.

"Look at me!" Her eyes are filled with tears as she looks at me with a shocked face. "Not now, okay?" I say. "Not now. I need you to help me with her. She's hurt real bad, she has a wound on her head, several cuts on her back and I think a broken rib. Tell me what to do."

My words seem to get her back into reality after a few seconds. "Okay. Okay. Ehm. I'll get you water, ice, towels, iodine, and whiskey." She finally moves her way around the room, getting all the stuff she needs.

John tries to remove Vive's clothes as careful as he can. It makes her cry even harder and therefore he decides to just take a scissor and cut her dress from her body.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Look, here we go". He says as he pulls away the fabric from her skin. "Done". He gives her a small smile and strokes her hand.

We can now finally have a good look at her. Some cuts are deeper than the others and need some stitches, some can do with just a bandage.

Polly's back in the room with all the supplies the needs. "Tom, go sit next to her I need to disinfect her back. Arthur hold her to the side, John hold her still." Polly points at all different positions she wants us in. I take a chair putting it next to Vive. I'm now on eye level with her and I look at her beautiful, but hurt face. She still sobs, in silence, too weak to protest against all of this.

Vive's POV

Please let me pass out, please let me pass out.

The pain is unbearable. The trip back home was hell, even though I am so glad they found me. Just in time.

I look into Tommy's eyes as he sits next to me. He gives a reassuring smile taking one of my hands into his kissing it. My back's on absolute fire.

"Pol, can't we wait till she passes out again?" I hear John say. Tommy's also looking at Polly with a concerned look on his face. "This will I'm afraid, I have to clean the cuts as soon as possible." Polly responds.

I'm scared, what's happening.

Tommy nods at her, switching his eyes towards mine again. "Polly's gonna clean your back alright, that'll sting but you can take it. Just focus on me and squeeze my hand okay".

What can I do? I'm too weak to resist so I nod at him, grabbing his hand a bit tighter.

Polly empties the entire bottle of whiskey down my back. I instantly flinch and let out a scream before my vision turns blurry again. Can't describe the feeling of extreme burning it gives me. I squeeze Tommy's hand but it's just too much .

"That's it, you're fine, you're fine, oi look at me, look at me..." His voice disappears quietly in a distance.

And I'm out again.