Part 31. Happy Birthday Finn (Final Chapter)

Vive's POV

I bet everyone forgot what today is. Not that I care, I hope they did but unfortunately I can't escape of it myself. I've been dreading this day for weeks and excepted this feeling will probably occur for the rest of my life. When your twin brother is dead, how can you possibly enjoy your own birthday ever again?

I try to leave the house without waking up Polly or Tommy. They're still asleep since it's very early in the morning. Before I walk downstairs I go into the bathroom to take quick look at myself. My wounds are still red and angry and my polses are black and blue. Luckily, I can hide most of it with my shirt. The wound on the back of my head is more difficult. Brushing my hair is not an option so I decide to just leave it.

I tiptoe down the stairs, put on my coat and make my way outside. It's still a little dark, the streets are empty and the cold makes my body shiver a little. I'm going to see my brother today.

I walk towards the cemetery where Finn has been buried. I always promise myself to go there more often, but for some reason, I always find an excuse to not go. Just hurts my heart being there, but today is different. Even though there's definitely nothing to celebrate, I want to go to him to spend our birthday. He's the only one I want to be with today.

As I enter the cemetery the sun finally shows itself behind the low hills I'm looking at. My brothers got Finn one of the best spots surrounded with a lot of space, a lot of flowers and trees. I have to admit I'd really appreciate that. As I arrive at Finns tombstone I let out a deep sigh before sitting in the grass in front of it. With my hands I play with the grass around the grave, picking out the weeds and I wipe soms dirt off the stone that cover his name.

"Happy birthday brother." Saying it out loud makes me smile a little.

"I miss you." I whisper. At the same a sunbeam covers my face, making my eyes narrow. I have something with sunbeams. I always imagine its Finn speaking to me.

What would probably have done today if Finn was still here with us. I imagine us getting up very early, just like I did today. We make up the kitchen table so we can have breakfast with everyone and eat pie instead of normal, boring breakfast. Then we would go to school together, have fun in class and afterwards we would go to The Garrison to celebrate our birthday over there with our friends and family. Most of our years we have celebrated our birthday without Tommy, Arthur and John. When they got back, Finn still didn't got the chance to celebrate this day with them. Last year I felt horrible on this day, that's why I prayed that today would be forgotten this year. I don't want any presents, celebrations or whatsoever. I just want to be here, alone.

I move myself towards the tree which is located besides Finns grave and I sit myself against it. It's cold, but the sun warms me up. Just being in Finns present makes me feel finally good since a while. Yesterday was terror, but today it just seems all to be forgotten.

Tommy's POV

I wake up from Polly's voice. She sounds really stressed.

"Where is she then?" I hear her say.

"Fuck would I know, I just came in 'ere." Arthur says. He must've came here so early for Vive's birthday.

I get out of my bed and get dressed quickly to see what all the commotion is about. When I open my curtains it's still a little dark outside. I pick up my watch and see it's only 07 a.m. I rub my eyes and run a hand through my hair before entering the living room. The kitchen door is half open and I see Arthur sitting around the table and I hear Polly stumbling in the hallway.

"Good morning." I say as I open the door further. Polly reacts to my sound and storms back to the kitchen.

"She's not in her room Tom." She says worried and pointing her finger upstairs.