Part 23. Busted

Vive's POV

"Vive, can you get the door please?" Polly yells from upstairs, reacting to a loud banging on the door. I sigh while getting myself off the couch. Annoyed she doesn't do it herself.

The man who's knocking on our front door looks dirty and he has a worried look on his face. His clothes are all wet because of the rani and he's covered in mud.

"Can I help you?" I ask him while screening him from head to toe.

"Is Ada here?" He asks. I try to remember if I have seen the man before, but I think I don't.

"Ada? Who are you?" I responds, instantly skeptical about his intentions.

"I'm Freddy, Freddy Thorne." By the sound of his name, my mouth falls open.

It's been three months since the birth of my nephew Karl. After his birth, Tommy has done everything to find out what happened to the father of our nephew, but he was nowhere to be found. Despite Ada's joy over her newborn, she's heart broken about the fact that Freddy left her and still has not sent her a sign of life. I think she already accepted the idea of him being dead. My brothers also thought he was killed by coppers, but now, he's standing here right in front of me.

"Can I come in?" He asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Tommy?!" I yell back into the house. Not wanting to let the man in without my brothers permission. A few seconds later, he appears to my side, having sort of the same reaction as I had.

"I need to see Ada" Freddy says. Tommy just stares at him, not answering. I look up at him to see if he has any plans on responding because this situation is getting really awkward. Freddy's still standing in the pouring rain while putting on a guilty face.

"Why are you here Freddy?" Tommy then says while he clears his throat.

"I can explain, but please let me in first?"

"You armed?" Tommy asks. Freddy shakes his head and presses all pockets from his clothes to show him. Tommy only nods at him and steps aside, letting Freddy in.

"Vive, get Ada for me please." He demands while leading Freddy into to the kitchen.

I run upstairs as fast as I can and burst into Ada's room. She's sitting on the bed with Karl in her arms, startled by my sudden enter.

"What's wrong?"

"Ada..." I start. She looks at me concerned.

"Ada, you won't believe who's sitting downstairs?" I say, giving her my biggest smile.

First she looks at me weird, but after a second of three, she fills in the answer herself by handing over Karl to me and running downstairs, Polly following her, not knowing what's going on.

I stay in Ada's room a few minutes before deciding to go downstairs as well. With Karl in my arms I slowly enter the kitchen. When they notice us, everyone falls silent. Tommy leans against the kitchen counter with his hands crossed while Polly, Ada and Freddy are sitting around the table. Ada stands up and takes Karl out of my hands, showing him to Freddy, who's in tears immediately when holding his son for the first time. After a while of sitting and chatting with my new brother in law, I decide to go outside for a walk. I still don't know what the story is behind it all, but I'll hear it later.

Things are developing between me and Luke lately and there's definitely more than just a friendship. We always meet after school, in between our classes and sometimes I manage to sneak out of the house in the weekends. Then we talk, we laugh and lately, we kiss sometimes.

I fasten my pace towards our 'spot'. It's on the other side of the cut. A quiet place where are hardly any people. When I arrive, I already see Luke sitting on the wall. His blond locks protrude from under his cap and he's staring at the ground while smoking a cigarette. When he sees me walking up to him he starts to smile.

I place myself between his legs and hug him tightly. "Hey love" he says while pulling me in his chest and placing a kiss on my cheek, making me blush.

"Sorry I'm late" I say. "Something came up, or actually someone."

"Who?" He says while frowning his eyebrows.

"Ada's boyfriend, father of Karl. He suddenly showed up this afternoon."

Luke nods. Not really responding to the news but instead picking out another cigarette of the package, passing me one as well. Since I'm with Luke, I 'learned' how to smoke. Can't stop it now.

"I missed you." He mumbles while placing his left hand on my hip, pulling me a little closer to him. I kiss him, this time more passionate than I usually do. He doesn't hesitate to answer the kiss. Without looking he throws his cigarette to the side and uses his free hand to gently touch my cheek. "I like that" he says while pulling back a little and whispering in my ear. I take a puff of my cigarette and let my hands rest over his shoulders, looking him in his big blue eyes.

God, what this boy does to me...

"Vive, what the fuck?!" A voice behind be says. My head immediately shoots back to see who it is.

It's John, standing a few meters from me holding his daughter by the hand.

I step away from Luke and throw my cigarette on the ground, hoping he hasn't noticed it. I can see John is pissed off at me. He walks up at me and grabs my arm, pulling me even further away from the wall and away from Luke who's still sitting there, not being impressed by my brother.

"What's this supposed to mean, oi?!" John says, looking at the both of us.

"The fuck are you?" John says walking up close to Luke. He chuckles a little as he lifts his both hands in defense, still not saying anything. I see Luke's attitude pisses off John even more, but because he's holding his daughter he can't really do something about this.

"This ends now." He says pointing at the both of us. My whole boding is shaking and I can't bring out any words. Johns eyes are spewing fire.

"We're going home." John demands me, still holding my wrist. When I try to pull myself loose of him, he grabs me even tighter which hurts bad.

"Ouch, you're hurting me."

"Don't care, come'on." He says, not letting go of me. I decide to not resist this time but suck it up. When I turn around to Luke, he still looks relaxed as always and he gives me a wink, meaning 'I'll see you later' in his non-verbal language.

I know I'm in big trouble now. I am not supposed to have a boyfriend until I'm 16 years old. I tried really hard to keep this away from my brothers, but of course John would catch me...

While we're walking towards Tommy's house, John doesn't say a word and he doesn't give me a look. I'm too scared to say something as well so I decide to just shut my mouth.

"You wait here. I have to bring her to my house first." John says while leading his daughter to his front door. A friend of him who watches his kids sometimes opens the door and he mumbles something to her.

"Come'on." He says as he returns. Together we walk the last meters to Tommy's house.

"Are you gonna tell them?" I ask him.

He nods. "I definitely am, cause I am no mood of dealing with this. How old are you, oi? What are you doing with that boy? Fucking don't wanna even know" He scoffs.