Book Two-chapter nineteen

Percy's POV:

Once we had all separated, we turned to see the campers looking at us weirdly.

"what?" I asked innocently.

"You're you again," Piper said. Confused, I nodded in acknowledgement. I noticed Ali in the crowd and remembered what she'd said about Zach cheating. I would have to sort that out but I'm not sure how she feels right now.

"It's our turn," Luke said with an evil glint in his eyes. The primordials and I walked off the stage as the squadron(except Bianca) walked on.

"We had all somehow met Percy during our time on Earth and had become friends. It shocked us all when we met him a second time on Chaos's planet. He was so depressed and cold,no one knew how to act around him. He always kept his distance and never spoke to us. Over time we accepted the fact that we had lost our friend," Silena said,crying softly. I really was a jerk back then.

"Like the primordials had said, it all changed when Bianca agreed to a date with Perce. He slowly started talking to us and we started to see our friend coming back," Beckondorf continued. He was never one for speeches.

"At first we acted cautiously around him but soon we became the friends again. Life went on as normal. We joked around, we laughed and made fun of each other," Michael (Yew) said.

"Before we knew it,everyone was getting married. We thought we were growing up but we proved ourselves wrong. We were still like big children. For many people, a wedding is a time of celebration but for us it was a time for embarrassment. We told as many embarrassing stories to as many people as we could. Our jobs are so serious that it's nice to have a break and just laugh," Lee (Fletcher) said.

"Luke and Zoe were the first to have a child. When they told us, we were shocked buy overjoyed for them. They were extremely nervous but they had the support off all of us. When their son arrived,he was the cutest thing. Suddenly,the thought of growing up and having a family didn't seem so scary,"Castor (Duo) said.

"Then Bianca announced her and Perce were expecting twins. During the pregnancy, we got our entertainment by watching Perce. He was always freaking out,trying to make sure everything was perfect. In the end, Chaos had to give him time off because he wouldn't concentrate on the job. He would talk in his sleep and constantly come to us for advice. It was funny to see him so stressed. Percy looked so relieved when the babies were born," Ethan (Nakamaru) said,smirking at me. A lot of campers and gods laughed.

"Over the next few years,we all lived harmoniously. Some of us had more children and our family grew.Percy has made each of our lives better in some way. Even though he had a rough start,he pulled through and became a hero. Perseus Jackson has a pure heart," Zöe said,smiling down at me. I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"During my time on Earth, I had made a huge mistake. However, Perce didn't hold a grudge, he forgave me. Percy became my best friend,my brother. We have had many good memories together: planning our proposals together,our best man speeches,our missions and pranking people. Percy may not be perfect but he is our commander,our brother and we all love him. We are not just a squadron,we are a family." Luke said finally,openly crying. I had a suspicion they had rehearsed this. I walked up to the stage and hugged them all. These speeches were overwhelming. I didn't know how to react,how to say thank you.

"Well wasn't that sweet," said a sarcastic voice. We all turned to see two people emerge from the trees. Josh and Annabeth.