Chapter 16

Y/N never thought she would find herself in such a strange situation.

Stuck in a home, with many handsome men, a talking flower, and a small boy with ears protruding from his head.

She sat at the large wooden table, feeling the exhaustion sweep through her, as the others were talking to one another or glaring at each other.

"Uh. I told you guys how Trystan and... Rose here appeared before us. But how did this boy here come into the house?" Y/N asked Adam as he handed her over a small wooden bowl of what looked like soup.

Adam frowned at her and hesitated.

"I found him when I was fixing up the house from the outside. He was trying to climb in from a partially opened window. I grabbed him and brought him inside. Then he just started crying. Kind of felt bad for him". Adam mumbled sheepishly before shuffling to Eriol and handing him another bowl.

Y/N glanced at the small boy across from her.

He sat staring down at his own food looking pale.

He wasn't crying now nor had he when she had came back. But the poor thing looked like he was in pain.

"You're Rico right? It's nice to meet you. I'm Y/N". She said gently gazing at him as his ears flattened.

He looked at her nervously giving a shaky nod and then looked back down.

Y/N had tried to introduce herself earlier but the small fox boy had hid from her in fright.

"I always did wonder what happened to the poor children here". Y/N thought sympathetically,

Suddenly Maeta who sat next to the fox grabbed one his ears and stared at it as Rico let out a scream.

"Oh a fox. Your ears feel rather soft- OUCH!" Maeta fell back as Rico bit his hand letting out small growls.

Before anyone could react Rico pushed his chair back and ran from the room. Fleeing up the stairs and from everyone's sight.

"Brother are you alright?" Nen rushed to Maetas side who held his hand with a small creepy smile on his face.

"Don't worry Nen. I'm perfectly fine". Maeta purred as Y/N felt frustration build in her.

Since more and more boys had been forcing her way into her life, Y/N was starting to feel like she losing hope, at every finding a way to get back home.

But at least she wouldn't let a poor terrified child to be alone.

She got up as everyone looked at her.

"I'm going to check on him. Don't even bother following at me". She said accusatory pointing a finger at Eriol as she walked away.

Eriol sat back down in his chair in anger.

As Y/N climbed the stairs, Trystan looked around the table in glee.

"So anyone wanna eat the plant?" He said cheerfully as a terrified squeal came from the Rose that was hiding under the table.