The Birch Prince

The skies above the Birch Kingdom were cloudy, rain pouring down over all the trees, villages, the castle. Inside the castle though, the King and Queen smiled down at their new-born son. He had brown hair with a green streak on his fringe, along with one brown eye and one green eye. He has lightly tanned skin.

Queen Jill looked at her son with a smile before thinking for a name. "What about Joel?" she asks her fiancé, yeah, they aren't married yet.

King Steve thought about this for a moment before nodding, "I don't see why not, it's pretty good" he smiles.

Jill smiles back, "Then it's settled, his name will be Joel" she says.

They both still wondered about how Joel got the green streak in his hair, but they didn't really want to question it.

Soon enough, the castle nurse walked in, "Your Majesty's, everything is perfectly normal with your son, there's nothing to worry about" she smiles.

Jill and Steve sigh in relief. That was good to hear.

-------------------- (4 years old) --------------------

Joel lay down on the bed next to his 2-year-old sister, Thea. Joel, at first, did not really care about his new sister, since he wanted a brother, but he got used to it over time, and now loves her a lot. Their parents smiled with happy tears about to brim. It wasn't often that they would see the two siblings close to each other, so this made them so happy.

Joel put his arm over his sleeping sister and lay his head down. In his other arm was the stuffed tiger that they share. He closes his eyes and tried to drift off to sleep as their parents turned off the lights. It may only be mid-day, but they wanted a mid-day nap.

Joel opened his eyes again as the door closes and sits up, looking around. The sun was high in the sky outside the castle, but he couldn't see that since all of the curtains were closed. He lay back down and just told his brain to let him fall asleep.

Eventually he did, and he went into a dream. A dream where he was a farmer, working on the field's day and night. Quite a dream for a 4-year-old.

By the time he woke up, his parents were there, trying to wake him up so he could get ready to head out, since the family were going on a day trip.

------------------ (7 Years Old) -----------------

The two siblings ran in circles around the garden pond the sits out the back of the castle, both of them were being careful to not fall in, seeing as neither of them were wearing their swimming outfits.

By now, they had done about 20 laps around the pond, and they didn't plan on stopping until they had done 50 laps. They were both tired, but they didn't want to stop yet. 50 is their goal, and they were going to do it, despite their bodies beginning to hurt.

The King and Queen watched the two kids run around the pond. They had just received word that the King and Queen of the Alpine Kingdom had been killed, but they weren't told who it was. Queen Jill hasn't been happy the past few days, seeing as the Queen of the Alpine Kingdom was her best friend.

She tries to keep her spirits up for her family, but that news struck her hard.

She jumps out of her thoughts when she hears a splash. Sitting in the middle of the pond if 5 year old Thea, laughing her head off as she's soaked from head to toe. Joel stood at the side of the pond, chuckling.

"How did you fall?!" he laughs.

"I miss-stepped!" Thea laughed with him.

She climbs out of the pond with Joel's help and then she begins running again, despite being soaked from head to toe. Joel ran after her and they continued their laps.