Chapter Nineteen- The Ruined Festival

-------------------- Desert Kingdom ~ Sandshire Castle -----------------------

Shelby twirls around as she looks in the mirror. It was the day of the Festival, a tradition in the Desert Kingdom, Sandshire Festival. It's been around ever since King Walter II was in rule, almost 600 years ago by this point. Shelby always looks forward to this day.

She was wearing a knee length light blue dress with some orange and yellow flowers around the waist. She wore her normal sandals and crown, but she also had a bunch of flowers wrapping around the base of her crown. Her hair was brushed down nicely to just below the bottom of her back. Of course, she was also wearing her Celestite Crystal necklace. Ross was waiting in the doorway for her.

"Come on Shelby" he says, "We don't want to be late" he continues.

Shelby nods, grabs her satchel and follows her older cousin out the door. She had invited Quig and his sister, Chloe, to the festival too, and Quig said that they'll meet them there.

Arriving outside of the castle, a guard helps Ross and Shelby into the carriage, closing the door behind them as they seat a seat in the velvet covered seats. He jumps on the front of the carriage and picks up he reins, beginning to guide the two horses down the way and on the way to Silent Winds.

------------------- Desert Border ----------------------

Lizzie and Joel peer in the gap that Joel always used to sneak into the Desert. The magic user that Lizzie sent to get rid of the spell finally came back to her with good news last night, so Joel decided to gather his explosives and get back to work today. It's a good time, since no one will really be keeping an eye on the area because it's Sandshire Festival Day.

"Who's testing the sand?" Lizzie asks.

"I'll do it" Joel says with confidence, stepping onto the sand, and nothing happens. Lizzie grins, "Good, she did her job" she says before following Joel to the village of Vera.

------------------- Desert Kingdom -------------------------

Shelby looks out of the window of the carriage as it rolls down the path. It was really warm today, but not close to the hottest it's ever been there. Shelby smiled as she could see Silent Winds coming up in the distance. "Hey Shelby?" Ross asks.

Shelby turns to look at him, "Yes?" she asks.

"How's Nora? Have you seen her the past couple days?" he questions about the Pegasus that came from the glow.

Shelby nods, "Yeah, I went and checked on her early this morning. It was a nightmare trying to get over River Chaya with Fayren though since we both don't know how to swim" she tells her cousin.

Ross nods, "I can imagine".

"She's doing well though" Shelby smiles, looking out the window again.

Shelby was excited to say the least, but she couldn't help but feel nervous. What if something bad were to happen? She shook her head, no, she couldn't think like this.

Ross notices Shelby shake her head and raises an eyebrow, "You okay, Shelbs?" he asks.

Shelby nods, "Y-Yeah, I'm fine" she says, but deep down, she was worried. She took a deep breath and leaned back in her seat. She would be arriving at Silent Winds in around 10 minutes, she had time to calm herself down.

Arriving in the centre of the Capital, Shelby steps out of the carriage, a smile on her face. Ross follows after her. Immediately, Shelby almost forgets that she was ever worried. Everything was just like she had decorated, with help of course. She could see Quig and Chloe waiting for them to arrive at the side of the village square. Shelby thanks the guard who brought them here then grabs Ross's hand, bringing him over to their younger cousins.