The Mesa Prince

The fading sunset shone across the Mesa Kingdom; the kingdom had just celebrated the birth of the Mesa Prince. The King and Queen had struggled to finally get their little bundle of joy, but thanks to the Mesa's powerful magic users, they finally had what they dreamed of.

Inside the castle, the King and Queen held their little bundle of joy in their arms. A boy with teal hair and blue eyes. "He's perfect" Queen Avery smiles with happy tears in her eyes. She never thought she'd see the day where she'd have a child of her own.

King Aiden smiles at his wife and son before giving Avery a kiss on a cheek. "You did so well honey" he says. Avery smiles and rests her head on his shoulder.

"What should we name him Aiden?" Avery asks, pulling her bundled up son closer to her. Aiden thinks for a moment. He had lost his twin brother when he was 14 years old to an invasion by the Birch Kingdom, which was 12 years ago now. His brother's name was...

"Scott" Aiden speaks, "His name will be Scott" he says, remembering his brother clearly in his head, as he turns to look at the picture of him and his brother.

Avery immediately knew the reason why he chose this name. "I think it's perfect, and it'll be a good way to remember you brother" she smiles.

Aiden nods.

Peace does not last forever though...

As night fell, and the royal family was asleep, the balcony door to their bedroom creaked open quietly and a hooded figure peers in. A smirk etches at the mystery person's lips as they sneak in. They knew they had to be quiet or the guards outside the door would hear them.

Peering around the room, their eyes locked onto the cradle that held the new-born prince. They walked over, being light on their feet and peered into the cradle. They reached in and picked the sleeping baby up before sneaking back over to the balcony. The person knew that the baby still had the Kingdom's Crystal Necklace around his neck, but they didn't dare try to remove it.

As they got back onto the balcony, the baby woke up and began to cry. The person panicked, immediately hearing the King and Queen waking up. Avery saw the person holding her baby and screamed.

"GUARDS!" King Aiden screamed out just as the person used their magic ability to teleport themselves away from the castle, and back to their house.

Guards rushed in, seeing Queen Avery on the balcony, breathing hard, crying her eyes out, and King Aiden furious in the middle of the room. "Send out a search! Somebody just broke in and kidnapped Scott! SEARCH THE ENTIRE KINGDOM! WE WON'T STOP UNTIL MY SON IS FOUND!" He ordered.

"Yes, my king!" the 3 guards say at the same time, rushing out. Aiden ran to Avery as the Queen fell to her knees.

"Aiden, what do we do?" she asks between tears.

"We'll find him, I promise..." Aiden says, hugging her.

------------------------ (4 years old) --------------------

Scott looked up at his mother and clapped his hands, "Mummy! Dad finished making lunch!" he says with a smile.

The lady who Scott believes to be his mother, smiles back. "Alright Scott, I'll be through in a few minutes" she says.

Scott nods and skips through to the dining room. The lady, Makenzie, smirks. It's been 3 years since her husband kidnapped Scott from the castle, they haven't come close to finding him yet, but that's mainly because they won't let Scott out of the house.