The Alpine Princess

The snow shimmered against the sunrise as the sound of people celebrating filled up the snowy lands. The Princess had been born late last night. Inside the castle, the King and Queen smile down at their daughter. The Princess had pastel pink hair, blue eyes and pale skin.

Queen Lindsey, named after the first Alpine Queen, looked at her husband who was slightly tense. The kingdom is planning a war against the Desert Kingdom. If they lose, it could have devastating effects on the kingdom.

"What should we name her?" Lindsey asks.

King Albert taps on his chin as he thinks of a name for his first born. He wanted it to be regal, but also have it be a name that people will remember. "Well, how about Elizabeth? We could call her Lizzie or Beth for short if we wanted" he suggests.

Lindsey nods in agreement, "It's perfect" she says. She watches as Albert picks up the Kingdom's crystal necklace. The crystal that the chain held was a Scolecite Crystal, white like the fluffiest of snow. Snow that only the Alpine Kingdom could offer. He put it around his daughter's neck and fastened it nicely, letting it dangle down elegantly.

"Perfect for a little Princess" they both say.

"Sis!!" Lindsey hears the voice of her younger sister as the door opens. "Sorry, I'm late!" she says, walking over. Lindsey chuckles and holds Lizzie out for her 18-year-old sister to see. "She's so cute!" she chirps, taking little baby Lizzie from her mother's arms, and sitting down in the armchair next to the bed.

"Good job bro" Albert hears his twin brother, Jack, speak, patting him on the shoulder after he walks in. "Thanks Jack" Albert smiles, bro hugging his brother, literally.

--------------- (9 months old) ------------------

Lindsey sits in worry on her throne with the young Lizzie sitting in her lap. The battle against the Desert Kingdom has been going on for almost a full day. She hoped that her husband would return home in one piece. She was never fond of war.

Her body raised as she saw the throne room doors open up and two guards that she saw were sent in the battle, walk in, the king following behind. She jumped up, bringing Lizzie with her, and ran to her husband, into his arms, hugging him. "You made it..." she hums in happiness. Albert smiled and wrapped his arms around his wife and daughter.

"How did it go?" she asks.

"We lost 3 guards in the battle, but we managed to kill the King of the Desert, and quite a few of their guards in the process" he tells Lindsey.

Her eyes widen, "Wait, you killed the Desert King?" she asks, mouth dropped from shock.

Albert smiles, "Indeed. The guards wanted to go further and attempt to start an attack on the Queen, but we were chased out by archers".

Lindsey sighs, "Well, at least you're okay. Isn't that right Lizzie?" she asks her daughter.

Lizzie babbles a 'yes', making her two parents laugh. "Also, Albert, I should probably tell you something" Lindsey says with a blush.

"Alright, what is it?" he asks.

"I'm pregnant again!" she chirps.

"Wait really!?" he yells.

Lindsey nods happily and Albert hugs her again, "This is great news!".

Lizzie looks up at her parents with her big blue eyes and smiles, hugging them both.

-------------------- (1 year old) --------------------

Lizzie peered into the crib that held her new baby sister. Her blue eyes wandered around for a moment, her necklace dangling inside the cradle. She had to be careful that her new sister wouldn't grab it and try to pull it.