The Taiga Princess

Deep in the Taiga forest, the King and Queen walked with their new-born daughter in their arms. It was tradition for the royal family of the Taiga Kingdom to bring the royal babies to wolves. If a wolf doesn't ignore the royal baby, it's a sign of good luck, and that the baby will be a kind ruler one day.

It is also a sign that the wolf accepts the baby as part of their pack.

Queen Danielle looked towards the pack of wolves that lay under the tree. King Ray nodded gently at her and she took a deep breath, bringing her daughter towards the wolves.

Picking up their heads, the wolves looked towards the Queen of the forest they call home. "Hey there" Queen Danielle spoke gently, laying her baby down on the grass next to the wolves, taking 2 steps back so the wolves could do their thing.

The wolves stood up and began sniffing around the baby. One started to gently nudge the baby and give a small lick on the cheek.

Danielle and Ray smiled before kneeling beside the wolves, picking their daughter back up. "They like her a lot Ray" Danielle smiles.

"They do, it's a great sign" Ray smiles back.

"We haven't even decided on a name for her yet" Danielle speaks.

Ray pauses and thinks for a moment, "Well, how about we let the wolves decide?" he asks.

"How do they do that if they can't talk?" Danielle asks.

Ray grins, "You forget that some of the Taigan Royals are born with the ability to understand wolves, I am one of them" he says proudly.

Danielle's eyes widen, "I didn't know you could! You never told me" she chuckles.

He chuckles with her before turning to the wolves, "What do you think we should name her?" he asks.

He listens as the wolves talk amongst themselves, deciding on a name, before their pack leader steps forward and says a name, "Stacy".

Ray smiles, "The wolves like the name Stacy" he says to his wife. Danielle thinks for a moment. She had a grandmother called Stacy, it would be a good way to honor her and the wolves.

She nods, "I like it. From now on, she will be Princess Stacy of the Taiga Kingdom".

------------------------ (5 years old) ----------------------

Little Stacy looks from her bedroom window as wolves run through the surrounding part of the forest, howling their songs. She giggles and claps her hands. She always loved to watch the wolves, from up close or from a distance. Everyone knew from the moment Stacy was born, that she would become a little wolf Princess.

Oh boy, they were right. Stacy LOVES wolves. Probably always will.

Queen Danielle smiled from the side of her daughter's bed, kind of sadly. Danielle had received news a few days ago that her younger sister Cindy has attracted an unknown disease, and no one knows if it's deadly or not. They hope it isn't.

"Stacy, come on, it's time for bed, you have a big day tomorrow" she smiles.

Stacy frowns and looks back at her mother, "Just a few more minutes?" she asks.

Danielle smiles, "No sweetie, you know you have to be up early tomorrow for your first day of school" she says.

Stacy pouts and walks over to her bed, climbing on and under her covers with ease, not even making a mess of the covers. She had been practicing.