Chapter Thirty-One - Ambushed

------------ Alvarian Grasslands ------------

The group of 6 take their first few steps into the grasslands. The grass was no longer the beautiful green colour that it normally was. It was a sull purple colour, emitting this black aura, a layer of fog floated up from it. They immediately could feel the effects of it.

"What kind of darkness is this?" Callum asks, not daring to touch it with his hands.

"I'm not sure, but I don't think it's poison. It would green if it is poison" George points out.

Dream looks around, his mask over both of his eyes. He could feel Nightmare trying to take control, but Dream wasn't going to let him.

Everyone felt a small dizzy spell. "Whatever this is... it's messing with me" Shelby says.

"Same here" Scott and Sapnap say at the same time.

"We need to keep moving" Dream says, taking the lead. The others nodded and kept following him while trying not to breathe in this darkness, at least not too much of it. "Wait Shelby" Sapnap starts, "You have flower powers, right?" he asks.

Shelby nods, "Yeah".

"Do you think you'll be able to make the grass green, at least for wherever we walk? So we don't have to walk in this darkness" he says.

Shelby thinks about it, she's never tried to bring life to grass before, "I can try but... I don't know if it'll work" she says.

She takes a deep breath and stomps her foot on the ground. Her foot begins to glow and so does the grass. The darkness seems to clear away, leaving the grass how it normally should look, along with beautiful yellow flowers. "It's working!" Scott says.

Shelby keeps going, making the space big enough for all 6 of them to walk on. Eventually, she does it and she takes a deep breath, staggering slightly, but she's caught by Scott. "Good job Shelby" Dream says with a smile, "Now let's go!" he says.

"Yeah!" they all cheer. Shelby stands up and keeps the spell going as the 6 of them walk around, keeping their weapons in hand, ready for if anything were to attack them.

About 20 minutes go by and Shelby had to pause. She was using a lot of energy to keep this spell going. "Guys, wait..." she says, out of breath. Scott turns around and helps her to stand, "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea" he says.

"No no, It's fine, I just needed to pause for a few moments" she says, trying to convince herself.

"If you say so" Scott mumbles, but he knew that Shelby would probably pass out in the next 10 minutes if she keeps this up. She only just learned about her powers a few weeks ago, so she wasn't used to it.

They were about to keep walking, but then there was a large grumble from nearby, making all of them look around. "Oh no, not another Minotaur" Callum says.

"Not just one..." Dream pales, looking at the 10 minotaur's that were rushing at the group. "Oh no" Sapnap pales.

They all step close together as the minotaur's made a circle around them. At that moment, Shelby had to drop the spell so she could concentrate on the fight. There was a relief when she dropped the spell though as some of her energy came back, but it didn't help that the darkness was affecting them again.

They all gathered up their weapons and a fight broke out between all of them.

Sapnap's hands lit up with raging flames, and so did his sword as he got into a fight with one of the minotaurs, striking at the legs, throwing fire left and right at this one and the others to help out his friends. Fireball after fireball shot at the minotaur's body that Sapnap had chosen to fight, making it weaker and weaker. Sapnap barely even needed to use his sword at this point.