2

𓆈

𝟷𝟶:𝟹𝟶 𝙰𝙼

feeling the sun peak onto my closed eyes, i finally woke up. not fully though. of course not.

"janey, mom made breakfast"

"mhm thanks jo i'll be down"

i tried to rub the tired from my eyes and sat on my bed staring at the wall for a couple seconds before gaining the ability to stand up and get ready for the morning. i walked downstairs to see that my mom had already hung up most of the paintings and family pictures we had brought with us.

the smell of coffee and bagels filled my nose as i walked into the kitchen, hoping that joey didn't grab the good ones yet.

good shit.

"we're meeting with the heffleys across the street today, i talked to the woman named susan there and she invited us over for lunch! how sweet!" my mom gushed.

heffleys?

my eyes widened and i looked up at her with the bagel hanging from my mouth as joey started talking excitedly about how he met greg heffley at the roller skating rink last night.

does this mean hottie tamale lives across the street from me?

"that's perfect for you then joey! they also have a 17 year old and 3 year old boy you know, so all you guys can become friends!" my mom looked at me expectedly while i gave her a nervous smile.

3 boys? poor susan.

i wasn't afraid to meet this guy and his family, nor did i have a crush on him. its just been a while since i've liked someone, so even the idea of being so drawn to him was enough to make me a little nervous.

and when i say it's been a while since i've liked someone i mean it's been a fat fucking minute. could you blame me though? getting cheated on isn't the most uplifting thing for your self-esteem. for 6 months i couldn't even look at anybody and think they were cute without dreaming about them cheating on me and stabbing me with a glizzy at the end. i remember telling my mom and joey about these dreams which resulted into my mom getting me a therapy session while joey laughed until he cried and fell off the couch.

i'm so much better now though. i feel like i can easily get back out there if i wanted to. do i absolutely desire to do so though? that was debatable. anxiety and fear will always creep up on me whether i like or not, but in all honesty, it just be like that. dating someone wasn't too high of a priority for me anyways.

but fuck it whatever happens happens.

𝟷𝟷:𝟷𝟻 𝙰𝙼

the lunch was at 12, meaning i had 45 minutes to make myself cute after getting lost in my thoughts while my celebrity skin vinyl played in the background. i haven't been using my dad's old record player as much as i should've, so i was trying to change that.

i did my makeup as quickly yet carefully as i could, going for the most natural glam i was able to do. this to me meant a normal makeup look but with the slightest of a shimmery brown eyeshadow with extra highlight. i was content with it. i guess.

"WE'RE LEAVING IN 5!" my mom yelled from the master bedroom. fucking hell.

i drenched my face in setting spray, straightened my bangs, tousled my shag around, and threw my clothes (that i still haven't unpacked) around my room like a scene in a teen movie until i settled on my comfy wide bell bottom jeans, fitted red sweater vest, brown flannel, and some necklaces

running down the stairs, i saw my family already in the middle of the street walking towards the heffley house.

"jesus-WAIt" i yelled while struggling to put my shoes on, nearly tipping over.