10

𓆈

"MARY MARY! GET UP! CODE RED!"

my eyes suddenly opened as i shot up, immediately wincing as my vision was flooded by brightness.

damn who turned the sun on?

"whaT HUH WHAT, WHAT'S CODE RED??" i yelled with my eyes shut tight.

"MY PARENTS JUST LEFT A VOICEMAIL SAYING THEY'RE GONNA BE HERE IN AN HOUR, W-WE GOTTA GET CLEANING LIKE, YESTERDAY" rodrick freaked.

i stood up from my spot and took in our surroundings.

dear lord this place is Fucked.

"WAIT WHERE ARE THE KIDS??" i asked worried.

mom will kill me if some shit happens to joey. i mean i also genuinely care too. i guess.

"ROWLEY WENT HOME AND GREG AND JOEY ARE CLEANING THE KITCHEN, C'MON I'LL DO THE LIVING ROOM WHILE YOU GET THE BACKYARD"

a wave of relief came over me as i nodded frantically and ran to the backyard while grabbing both sides of my head in pain.

i need a fucking aspirin.

opening the back door, i halted for a second as i spectated the scene.

cups. clothes. bottles. pot remnants. empty chip bags. loose cash. anything, you name it. it was all here for me to clean up.

is it that hard to clean up after yourself? damn.

i quickly ran back inside to grab a couple of trash bags and a broom from the kitchen, almost literally running into joey in the process.

"are you guys okay??" i asked to the boys while grabbing everything i needed.

big shoutout to susan for having a never ending amount of cleaning supplies.

"YUP" they yelled simultaneously.

god everything was so sticky in here. i cringed as greg's shoe made a squelching sound when he accidentally stepped over a soda spill.

"anybody hurt or Inebriated from last night?" i pushed, emphasizing the inebriated part. i'll slice a bitch if i find out someone gave these kids drugs or alcohol.

"NOPE" they yelled back, both helping each other take down a literal leaning tower of pizza slices on top of the counter.

symbolism.

that's kind of beautiful actually.

shaking my head to snap out of it, i ran back out to the backyard to do what i needed to do.

"IS EVERYTHING GOOD??" rodrick loudly asked to everyone in the house while sprinkling a couple of pretzel pieces on the carpet, something about the living room looking a little 'too good'.

"uhhh i think so, maybe check the kitchen one more time since the boys were the ones to clean it" i suggested in the nicest way possible.

"good call" he pointed at me agreeing, already heading in its way.

my eyes bulged out of my head as he turned to pass by the guest bathroom.