11

𝟿:𝟷𝟽 𝙿𝙼

"sorry i didnt reply i hopped in my car the second you said come ove-oh my god baby no why are you crying??"

sniffling, i pulled dana inside and closed the door behind us.

"what happ-"

"wait let's go upstairs real quick" i mumbled, grabbing her hand to walk up to my room so none of my family members could eavesdrop. god forbid they see me express my feelings.

softly shutting my bedroom door, i sat and slouched on my bed as dana patiently waited for me to speak, only standing a couple feet away from me with a concerned look.

"so i was at rodrick's like 20 minutes ago..."

my body instantly froze as i raised my eyebrows at him.

"hm?"

did he just fucking say...

"i'm in love with you"

what the FUCK. what the fuck whqt fuck what theufuck thw what the fuckwhat tuffkcwhat the fuck what theydkfuck what the fuck.

"you......are?" i quietly asked, still looking at him wide eyes.

my chest was slowly but surely filling up with a joyous warm feeling i can't even fucking explain right now and i can almost confidently say that if i decided not to eat breakfast this morning, i probably would've passed out by now.

i can't fucking believe it. he loves me back. he fucking loves me back.

a raging blush began to take over my cheeks as a smile slowly started creep up-

"SIKE"

my smile, as well everything in my body, immediately fell as i stood up from his bed.

"wait what? what do you...what?"

"mary i was kidding, why would i be in love with you? you're my best friend duh" he chuckled....nervously almost, as he lightly slapped my shoulder with the back of his hand in a joking manner.

what. the. fuck.

this... this isn't happening. of course it is. of fucking course. why WOULD he love you back? there's not a single fucking reason why he would. you should've known it was gonna be like this if you ended up loving someone again mary, it always ends up all fucked up one way or another. it's a pattern. you should've listened to yourself and your past experiences.

i looked down as tears started prickle up in my eyes.

bitch don't fucking cry.

miraculously sucking up the waterfall that nearly came from my eyes, i looked up at rodrick and chuckled half-assed.

"i really..uh believed ya there for a second"

"yea..." he chuckled back, looking like he was deeply questioning everything.

"uh what time is it?" i asked casually.

his curious gaze continued to stay on me for a second, abruptly snapping out of it and grabbing his phone to check the time.

"8:54 why"

"oh heh i forgot i was supposed to be the one to put rivi to bed tonight"

"of course you did sill-"

"can you walk me out now?"

rodrick's joking smirk subtly fell as he nodded confused yet understandingly, putting his arm over me with a soft smile to walk me down.