I wanted to dance (Deku x reader) ✅

"You ready?" Mina asked as we all got back into place.
———

Since you have been at U.A. You worked hard to master dancing. You and some other students had formed a dance team, DH short for dance heroes, did many things mostly go around and entertain children in hospitals and teach them how to dance.

Midoriya, your boyfriend was really supportive of you and your dancing career. Recently DH had been working on a dance for a competition to raise funds for the hospital. Because of that it was pretty busy for the dancers. Right now all of you were at practice.
———

"Ready, 1...2...3 go! Five six seven eight, turn, jump, left then right, swipe pivot and-" Mina counted us to keep us on beat, but then stopped when I fell to the floor.

As I was dancing I misstepped and rolled my ankle. Tears rolled down my face as I tried getting up. Not only was I embarrassed that I tripped in front of my class, I was also in so much pain. I tried to get up but fell back to the ground. Everyone froze in terror and watched, trying to figure out what had happened to me. No matter how many times I tried forcing my leg to support me it just wasn't strong enough. When Midoriya came over to help you could see the panic and worry written all over his face.

"Are you ok, Y/n?" He exclaimed, rushing over he wrapped an arm around him supporting the weight to help me up.

"It hurts...really bad. I can't get up."
Mina looked at me concerned, after I said that. Though I tried moving it heated pangs of pain stopped me.

"Uh, you should probably get that checked out." She said. Izuku picked me up and got me to the car. He drove us to the emergency room. On the way there Mina texted me saying she had sorted something out just in case then met us there after practice.
———

The doctors said that my left leg was strained and the ankle sprained. They also said that if I didn't take care of it properly somethings would have to change. I possibly wouldn't be able to dance again.  Not be able to dance? Couldn't I just take it easy or just not use that leg as much? After an injury heals shouldn't it be completely fine- I wanted to dance more than anything, but I wasn't sure I could sit there and let myself recover. Would dancing one last time be worth it, or do I let everybody down and not dance until I heal and keep dancing?

In the car he turned to look at me. Izuku Midoriya knew me well... I was the restless type of person, to me sitting still doing nothing was the worst thing ever, "Y/n, I know how active you are, still you heard the doctor. You have to be careful or you won't ever be able to dance." My heart shattered hearing him say it though I know he was right. When he said it suddenly it became real, his warning brought me back to reality. There's no way I could be a hero, kick my well-being to the curb, then be fine at the end, that only happened in fairytales.

"I know, but I'm getting off my crutches in two weeks before the show, so I'll just work double time!" Maybe if I went to practice and learned the moves by watching I could cram in all the work and perfect the dance before the competition.

Soft green eyes gazed at me with worry and disapproval, he didn't have to speak for me to know what was going on in his head. I know Midoriya was looking out for me so I'll try to listen. I gave in and told him that I'd try my best to avoid hurting that leg anymore. For the next few weeks I was miserable though, the only light in my life was Deku and my friends.

Mina said I had an understudy, but if my doctors gave me the ok and I felt able bodied, I could still perform. In my dorm at night I would practice; a few times Midoriya would hear my sneakers sliding against the floor, he'd come in and lecture me about taking care of myself. Though I attempted to listen it was impossible. Sitting down and not dancing was not my strong suit, so when he fell asleep I'd get back up and find myself dancing again.
———

At her next doctor's appointment, Y/n's doctors, said she no longer needed crutches but she'd still have to take it easy. Deku and Mina talked to her about it and decided that this time she couldn't perform.

Without dancing life was nothing, she was nothing just a loser. Y/n was in a foul mood that entire time. After a little bit of back and forth with Midoriya, he agreed to let her see DH perform. Because of Deku's cooperation Y/n was a much more pleasant person for the rest of the week. Then it came to the day of the performance.
———

The more I thought about it the sadder I got. Though I know it's selfish I wish I was up there too. Something in me had final come to terms with the fact that I couldn't perform this time and I was okay with it, but then it was time and it just felt wrong.

"It's not fair...Deku I want to see Mina backstage." I said to Midoriya, looking at him with a puppy dog face. He couldn't say no if I used that on him so I did.

"Uh- umm." He looked at me and hesitated. "F-Fine."

Of course out of school spirit and pure support everyone in our class was behind stage wishing the dancers luck. Except for Bakugou, he was dragged here against his will by Kiri. Everyone went to take a seat in the audience finally, except for three of us, Bakugou Deku and I.

As the dancers started to walk on stage I started to follow. But then the Ticking time bomb named Bakugou picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Hey! Put me down Boom boom boy!!" I was flailing my arms and legs. He refused, he brought me to the dressing room and sat me down. Seconds later Midoriya ran into the room. I try standing up but bakugou pushes me back into the seat. He left, leaving me and my boyfriend in the room alone.

"I don't understand." I sputtered between tears that stung my eyes as I struggle holding them back. "It's not fair."

"I know it's not fair, I know you want to dance, and I know you'll dance again if you let yourself heal."
———

"You're one to talk." You chuckle, though tears come out your eyes. "I just want to dance."

"And you will." He looked at you with eyes swirled with bittersweet feelings. The tears you kept back multiplied. That's when you started sobbing.

Deku hugged you as tight as he could and held on while you cried.
"It's hard and I don't know what you're going through...but I'm here for you." He whispered, "If I give you a kiss and hold your hands, will you sit and watch your friends dance?" He paused, "For me?" He asked pulling away from the hug and kneeling in front of you.

"Mhm." You nodded, he stood up and wiped your tears. You looked up at him.He held your face in his strong roughed up hands bringing your tear stained face to his. He placed his lips on yours, the two of you pressed your lips together and kissed. He held your hands tightly and walked you to the door and on to your seats. You smiled at Mina and hugged Deku.

You saw your friends rock it on stage and you honestly wanted to cry, t Midoriya was there with you. You held him thinking the words, I love you Izuku.