2. Living Nightmare

"C'mon boys!" Takara yelled at the team. "I know you can run faster than that!"

During practice, they had failed to use communication, so she made them run ladders every time they didn't talk.

"Kara-chan!" Oikawa complained, catching his breath. "You could go easy on us. It's our first day."

"If I went easy on you, then how would you toughen up and be able to take it later?" she asked. "Now, I want Oikawa to stand at the net. The rest of you get into two lines. Iwa, Yuda, Makki, and Shido stand farthest away from him. Everyone else get in a line close to him."

The players followed her directions.

"Now, when it's your turn, toss your ball to Oikawa. Oikawa I want you to set it to them," she said to the confused players. "Welcome to spiking practice."

---time skip brought to you by tired players---

"I suppose you can all take a break now," she told the panting boys. All of them collapsed on the floor and Takara brought them water bottles.

"So I've got a question," Makki told Takara.

"Shoot," she said sitting down in front of the boys.

"How do you know Oikawa and Iwaizumi?" he asked. All the boys looked at her and she felt her face get red.

"Well," she started. "It's really a long story but, if you want to know. Both me and my twin brother, Tobio Kageyama decided to attend Kitagawa Daiichi for Junior High."

"The King?" Shido asked.

She nodded and messed her shoelaces for a bit but then continued.

"I joined the girls' volleyball team and he joined the boys' volleyball team. I used to "pick him up" after practice because girl's volleyball practice got over faster than boys. One day Tobio was very late, so I went inside the gym to see what was going on and..."

She looked at Oikawa who had a pleading look on his face. She was going to tell the boys when she saw and Oikawa almost hit her brother.

"And?" Kindaichi asked.

"Shut-up Turnip, I'm thinking," she snapped, making the rest of the team laugh.

"And, I saw him teaching my brother how to do a jump serve," she continued. "So, I walked up to him and berated him about our schedule and how we went home at the same time every night so we wouldn't upset our parents."

"I believe she scolded me for thirty minutes," Oikawa said.

The boys on the team laughed causing Takara to blush again.

"Anyway," she continued. "After a few practices and watching Oikawa teach my brother how to jump serve, I waltzed to the gym and demanded that he teach me too."

The boys laughed again.

"And he did," Takara said. "Then Tobio and I started hanging out with Oikawa more and he introduced us to Iwa. My first year at Kitagawa Daiichi was probably my favorite."

Oikawa smirked, "Aw, I love you to Kara-chan!"

"Yeah, well I don't love you!" she told him, causing Iwa to smack him on the back of the head.

"Anyway, after Oikawa and Iwa left I continued to play volleyball," she said.

"Why did you stop?" Yahaba asked.

"Hush child, I'm getting there," she said. "Gosh, school was so boring, and Tobio was failing all of his classes. And volleyball practice was the only place where I could get away and concentrate on something I wanted to do."