14. Idea

Takara was walking home by herself when she saw her brother, Hinata, and Tanaka walking outside the Sakanoshita store to greet Daichi and Suga.

"Tobio!" she yelled, jogging toward him.

"Takara? I thought you were going to be late," he said.

"Iwa told me they could clean up by themselves," she said, rubbing the back of her head. "So, what are you guys doing?"

"Walking home!" Hinata exclaimed. "We're tired."

"You don't look too tired," Takara remarked. 

"Hey Kageyama-san!" she heard a voice say.

Takara looked forward and saw Suga waving at her.

"Hello, Suga-san, it's nice to see you again," she said back. "You as well Daichi-san."

Daichi smiled and waved.

"You guys can call me Takara, I don't want to get confused with Tobio," she said again.

"I want to say I'm sorry for how my team acted today," Takara said as they continued walking down the sidewalk.

"It's fine," Suga said. "I'm actually glad we played your team. I was confused when you said you had a volleyball team to take care of."

"Yeah, I guess I wanted to use the element of surprise if we ever had to play against each other," Takara said. "Did it work?"

They all laughed.

"So, what did you think of Aoba Johsai?" Takara asked.

"All said and done, that pretty boy had an amazing serve," Tanaka said. "We would've been in trouble if we had to deal with that the entire match. I guess we should've expected as much from Kageyama's upperclassman.  Wait, why'd you even join Karasuno?"

Everyone looked at her brother.

"Shiratorizawa is one of the top schools in the prefecture," Tanaka continued. "In academics and sports."

They looked at her brother again but Takara spoke up, "He didn't get a scholarship and he failed the entrance exam."

"Boke Takara boke!" her brother said.

"I ban you from Boke-ing people Tobio!" Takara said pointing at her brother's face.

"So the King's not very good at studies," a voice said. The blonde Megane and the green-haired kid walked past. "How sad."

 "I hate that kid," Takara said through gritted teeth.

"Who? Tsukishima or Yamaguchi?" Suga asked.

"Whichever one's the salty beanpole," Takara said.

"You mean Tsukishima!" Suga said. "Yeah, I understand how you'd not like him but he's okay if you get to know him."

"So why'd you go to Karasuno?" the shrimp asked, looking up at Kageyama.

"Because I heard Coach Ukai was coming out of retirement," Kageyama said turning to the shrimp. 

"Ukai?" the shrimp asked.

"He led Karasuno to greatness," Takara said. "The best coach in Miyagi."

Tanaka went on a rant about the man and Takara spaced out, thinking about how to get her team better.

'We can't practice hard or we'll never get better,' she thought. 'I need to find some new drills. Get the blood flowing to those small brains of theirs.'

"Tobio we need to get home," she said, rushing past the two-third years in front of her and continuing down the road.

"Why are you going to fast?" her brother asked.