8. A Day on the Town

"What are we going to do first?" Takara asked, her face filling with excitement.

"I thought you said I was the child," Oikawa teased. Takara flicked his forehead. "Ow, Kara-chan, so mean."

"C'mon, slow poke," she said dragging him to a cotton candy cart.

Takara walked up to the lady who was at the cart and smiled, "Hi can we get some cotton candy?"

"Of course!" the lady said looking at the pair. "One or two?"

"Oh, heh two please," she said blushing. Takara looked in the corner of her eye and saw Oikawa looking at her.

They got their cotton candy and continued their walk. They ate their cotton candy in silence, occasionally glancing at one another. That's when Takara realized something. They were holding hands.

Takara slowly started to take her hand of Oikawa's grasp but he didn't let go. She looked over at him but he was looking at their surroundings.

"So um," she started."What do you want to do after we finish our cotton candy?"

"Well, there was a carnival nearby," Oikawa said. "We could go there."

"You had me at carnival," she said standing up and pulling Oikawa up with her. "Where is it?"

"Go, right," Oikawa said. Takara followed his directions and they were on their way to the carnival.

---timeskip to getting to the carnival---

"It's huge!" Takara exclaimed while looking at the carnival in front of them. There was a Ferris wheel towering over many stalls full of food and games.

"What do you want to do first?" he asked. Takara looked at the carnival and her eyes zeroed in on her target. 

"Follow me," she said, dragging him to the Carousel.

"You want to go on the Carousel?" Oikawa asked.

Takara nodded and they both got in line. The line was short because most people were either at work or at school, but the guy manning the ride let them have the whole thing to themselves. 

Takara stepped onto the ride and sat down on a big black horse that could've sat two people. Oikawa sat down on the one beside hers that was white. 

The ride started and it started moving in circles, the horse bouncing up and down.

"Y'know," Takara said. "It seemed faster when I was little."

As if on cue, the ride sped up and the horses moved faster. Takara started to fall off her horse but she felt a hand push her shoulder back.

Oikawa got off his horse and moved to her's sitting down and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Just hold on," Oikawa said. "I won't let you fall."

Takara smiled and held on to the gold bar in front of her. The ride continued for another minute and then it finally stopped. 

"Wow," Takara said getting off the ride. "That was the fastest Carousel I've ever been on."

Oikawa laughed. Takara stuck her tongue out at him and flicked him ont he forehead, "Don't make fun of me."

They walked over to a bench and sat down.

"So I got to choose what to do," Takara said. "Now it's your turn."

Oikawa looked around the carnival until his eyes landed on something behind Takara.

She turned around and saw the teacup ride. She turned back around and smirked at Oikawa, "You're about to get wrecked."

They got up and walked over to the ride. They stood in the line and eventually sat down in a teacup.