7. Awkward

Takara went into the volleyball gym the next Tuesday morning and was greeted by Makki and Mattsun.

"H-hi boys," she said, looking around and checking to make sure Oikawa wasn't anywhere.

"Hi Kageyama-san," Makki said. "Are you okay, you look scared."

"Oh no I'm fine," she said.

"Kara-chan!" 

Takara turned around and was greeted by a hug from Oikawa. She heard a scoff and she saw that Iwa was behind him.

Takara quickly got out of the hug, "I-uh, just remembered, I left my um bag at home. I have to go run and get it."

Takara pushed past the boys and left the gym.

Oikawa  POV
"She knows her bag was around her shoulders the whole time right?" Mattsun asked.

"What did you do to her?" Iwa questioned Oikawa.

"I didn't do anything," Oikawa protested. "Well, maybe I did something but it wasn't big!"

"Can someone please explain why Kageyama-san just ran out of the gym?" Yahaba asked as he entered with Kindaichi and Kunimi.

Iwa crossed his arms and turned to Oikawa, "Yeah Oikawa, why did Takara run out of the gym right after you hugged her?"

"We went on a date Saturday," Oikawa said. " And I took her to the park. And I can't help it if I got carried away, she got carried away too! The second time she definitely initiated the kiss."

Oikawa's eyes widened when he realized what he had admitted.

"You did what?" Iwa asked.

"You better start running boy," Mattsun said.

---timeskip back to Takara's POV---

"Oh Gosh," she said banging her head against her desk. "Aiko, I kissed him. In fact I made out with him. Against a tree!"

Takara was in her homeroom class with her best friend Aiko Sakura and she was spilling everything to her.

"So, what?" Aiko asked. "Big deal. You were probably going to do it eventually."

"I'm...going to go to the restroom," Takara said standing up from her desk and walking outside the classroom to the bathroom.

She locked herself in one of the stalls and leaned against the wall thinking about all that had happened that night.

She heard the clacking of heels and closed her eyes, getting ready to hear what the fangirls had to say about Oikawa.

"Did you hear what happened?" One of them asked.

Takara's eyes shot open, dreading to hear what the girl was going to say next.

"Oikawa kissed that first year at the park," the same girl said.

'How the heck did they find out?' she thought.

"How do you know?" Another girl asked.

"Because I was there and I saw them," the first girl said again. "And they looked like they were more than just kissing. They were definitely making out."

"Ugh, the nerve!" a third voice said. "I bet she doesn't even like him."

"You're probably right," the second voice said. "We should get to class."

The clacking faded away from the bathroom and Takara slid down against the bathroom wall. Tears welled up in her eyes and slid down her face. She sat in the that bathroom stall for twenty minutes.

When she finally stopped crying she left the bathroom and went to the volleyball gym. It was empty and deserted. So, she figured it was a good place to ditch.

Takara went into the stands and sat down on a seat, hugging her knees close to her chest.

  (She wear leggings under her school uniform so she's not showing anything)

"He probably doesn't even like me," she muttered. "I shouldn't catch feelings for someone who doesn't feel the same way. We'll be friends."

More tears ran down her face and she buried her head in her knees letting the the fabric of her leggings soak up her tears.

After a few minutes of crying she heard a voice.

"Kara-chan?"

Takara didn't lift her head because she knew who it was.

"Kara-chan, are you okay?" she heard footsteps rush her way and Oikawa kneeled down in front of her seat. "I'm so sorry, about Saturday and about everything. I should've asked you before kissing you, I'm so, so, so sorry."

Takara lifted her eyes to see Oikawa. His brown hair was styled perfectly and he had apair of black glasses on his face.

Takara sniffled, "D'you mean it?"

Oikawa nodded, "I do."

Takara wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. They sat in the hug for five minutes until Takara pulled back and wiped her eyes.

"Are you still going to ditch?" Oikawa asked.

Takara nodded, "I can't deal with anyone right now."

"Then let me ditch with you!" Oikawa exclaimed, helping Takara out of her seat."We can go into town and do stuff like, eat ice cream and get balloon animals!" 

"You're such a little kid sometimes," Takara said with a laugh.

She followed Oikawa outside the school and they walked into town, fingers entwined together.

THis one was super short, but only cause I'm saving it for the next chapter.

Author-chan