Chapter 1:

It was dark and windy outside as the lightning struck the big trees of the South.

His parents ran to the woods to find the elf who knew how to heal curses. Of course the woods were forbidden as they never had any directions to guide them. They only had one clue to find the location they were searching for.

It was to find the sudden ray of light in the darkness.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"
"You may come in, your majesty."

A voice said as the door in front of them opens, revealing the elf they were looking for.

"And you are?"
"I am Renjun, the elf that you are looking for. What seems to be the problem, your majesty?"
"My son."

His mother said as Renjun looked at the little kid who was carried by her husband.

"I believe that he has a curse. Please see if he has one."
"Alright. How did you know that he has one? Any symptoms?"
"He fainted and the letter 'X' was carved in his skin which is on his arm."

Renjun looked at the little kid's arm and there he found the carved letter on his skin. It was small but it was also carved with a lot of details. The elf concentrated his energy with the carved letter while the kid's parents waited.

Renjun gasps and drops the kid's arm, immediately climbing up his shelf while finding a certain book.

"What have you seen, dear Renjun?"
"He has a curse."
"Of what?!"

Renjun turns to look at them while his hands put a hard grip on the two bars of the ladder.

"I sensed the lack of emotions, coldness, and dark energy in him. Someone must've put a curse on him."

He replies as he flips the pages of the book quickly, finding the word "emotion". After seconds of flipping and turning, he finally found out what the little kid's curse was. It was the "Cold Curse of Emotion".

"He does have a curse..."
"Oh, no."
"... What was carved on his arm again?"
"... The letter 'X'?"
"Then, his curse will grow stronger in... five years."

The queen gasped as she aggressively asks,

"How do you know?!"
"The book... It said that a number will appear on his arm and that number is going to be his age as the curse becomes... stronger and inevitable."

Renjun replies, feeling hopeless because he didn't know how to help. The queen's mother sighed, looking at her son who was still unconscious.

"My dear Haechan, how will you ever heal from this?"

~

The sun rises as the maid's son, Jeno, wakes Haechan up so that he can start the day early. Haechan, the five year old boy that he is, didn't want to get up because he "doesn't know school what school is about". Jeno, however, was persistent as he continued annoying Haechan so that he finally got up from bed.

"Alright! Alright! I'm coming downstairs."

He tells Jeno, sitting up from his bed while being half awake. Jeno gives him a cheeky smile as he goes downstairs to prepare the prince's breakfast. As Jeno's mother, Areum, helped Haechan bathe, the queen was envious because she was closer to her son than herself.

But she kept all of that jealousy to herself.

Haechan finally went downstairs, fixing his hair a bit as he ate breakfast with his family. He was still half awake because he really hated getting up early and going somewhere he didn't want to go. After that, the royal coachman finally took Haechan to school.