Chapter 24:

"Oh, god. I really don't like my own idea."

Haechan mumbles and sighs to himself as he dresses up in Jeno's clothes that look casual enough for him to go into the new kingdom. Since Haechan didn't want Mark or anyone involved in his battle at all, he decided to go and face danger by himself. He wasn't even prepared as all he had were his special abilities and his quick reflexes that were innate... which were both nothing against Jisung.

Jisung was literally trained for fighting since he was the favored son.

Haechan wasn't trained at all because he wasn't exposed to those types of things by his father even though his mother tried convincing him. Haechan was never the type to start a fight but he was once reckless during his teenage years which was caused by his growing curse. Haechan knew that this plan could kill him but if he dies then everything would be finished and everything will go back to normal.

What he forgot to think about is that he has new people who are literally trying to help him yet he chooses to ignore that because he doesn't want them to get hurt.

Haechan walked into the village, booking for a ride with a horse and carriage. Haechan chose to do it all by himself and it was even dark outside which means he did this just a few hours after midnight. No one was even awake in the palace and that's even more dangerous.

The day rises as Haechan finally arrives at the New Sun-Fire Kingdom after a long ride.

Haechan looked around, reading all of the writings on the walls. He knew that it smelled like corruption when he read the phrase "JISUNG, OUR KING!" that was written on every wall. Haechan sighed, shaking his head in complete disappointment.

What was exactly Haechan's plan?

He went to the new kingdom because he wanted to memorize all of the directions so that he knows where to hide when he gets caught. Jisung may have incredible intelligence but he can never compete with Haechan's quick thinking. Haechan knew that he always put himself in danger but he also knew that danger was always his "thing".

~

"Your highness, breakfast is ready- your highness?"

Areum wondered why Haechan wasn't in his bedroom as she looked around. She found out that Haechan really wasn't there as she even checked the closet and there was nothing but Haechan's clothes. Areum immediately went everywhere, searching for Haechan in every room that existed in the palace.

Haechan wasn't in the palace.

Areum quickly went to Jaemin and Mark's shared room as she accidentally saw her son having an intense kiss with Jaemin. Jeno's eyes widened at the sight of his mother, backing away from Jaemin. Areum didn't know how to react but at least she knew that Jaemin and her son were indeed dating.

"... Mother, I'm sorry-"
"I can't find Haechan."

Areum says as Mark comes out of the bathroom, confused at what Areum told them.

"... Pardon?"
"I tried to find him everywhere and I even kept on calling his name but... I'm telling you, Haechan is nowhere to be found."
"... Are you serious?- We should tell Renjun. Maybe he knows something about this."

Mark frowned, being completely worried for Haechan. Mark told himself that he shouldn't have left Haechan when Haechan needed him the most and now... Haechan is literally driving himself towards death. Areum went to the room next to Jaemin and Mark's as she knew Haechan told Renjun and Chenle to stay there.

Areum told Renjun about the situation and he wasn't really taking it well.

"Does he want to get KILLED?! Why the hell would he do that?! Goddamn, I'm so fed up with his shi-"
"Renjun... for the love of god, don't swear."
"Well... IT'S TIRING ME OUT, CHENLE. I do not understand!"
"... Didn't you tell him about this?"
"... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS IS NOT JUST HIS BATTLE. THIS IS OUR BATTLE. WE CANNOT LET HIM DIE!"
"Alright! Alright!... Do we have a way to find him?"
"... The mirror shards... Let's go."

Renjun says before he specifically called Chenle, Mark, and Jaemin to come with him since the two weren't connected with anyone in the royalty. They went to Renjun's study as Renjun looked at all the mirror shards, trying to find where Haechan is.

When he found out where he was, it even drove him more frustrated.

"... ARE YOU GODDAMN SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!"
"Why? What's happening?-"
"HE'S DISGUISED AS A NORMAL PERSON AND HE'S LITERALLY WALKING OUTSIDE THE ROADS OF THE KINGDOM- I'm sorry but I'm having a headache right now, Mark..."

Mark didn't know how to respond so he just nodded once again.

"Well... I'll go and find him out there-"
"I'll come with you, right?"
"Yes! That's what Renjun said!"

Jaemin was excited since he'll go and find Haechan with Mark again, just like when he first came into Korea. The both of them knew that it would take too long to get there immediately since they had a ride from the kingdom to the old church and they even had to walk a few miles away to get to the palace.

"... We can bring the mirror shard, right?"
"If that piece of mirror cracks then we're all doomed-"
"So we can bring it... we're just going to handle it with care."
"... Fine."

Renjun says as he grabbed the mirror shard that was placed on the wooden board and gave it to Mark.

"Take care. Don't get killed."

Renjun reminds them as the two nodded, putting the mirror shard in a bag. Mark and Jaemin started their journey once again, walking their way out of the abandoned kingdom. For some reason, Mark always searches for Haechan willingly and he always believed that it was destiny.

Even if they both ended their relationship, he still believed that it was destiny.

The two of them walked past the old church, about to book a ride with a horse and a carriage once again. Even if Jaemin thought that he was useless for them because he isn't related to anyone, he actually wasn't since he's a citizen in the New Sun-Fire Kingdom. Jaemin most likely knew all of the surroundings and with the help of the mirror shard, he would know exactly where to find Haechan with a single look.

Mark hopes he finds Haechan soon as Mark refers to Haechan as his home.