Chapter 19:

"Mother?"
"Yes, my son?- Why are you crying?"

Areum asks her son as she immediately walks closer to comfort him. Jeno surprisingly hugs his mother tightly, crying unto her shoulder. Areum wondered why Jeno was crying so much since she knew Jeno isn't much of a sensitive person.

That's until she felt a hard covered book on her back. She knew that Jeno found out about her "lost son". Jeno must've found out about Daeji.

"I know now... I know why you acted like this, Mother... I'm so sorry for everything- I shouldn't have acted like that. I didn't know the reason why- I'm so sorry..."

It got to the point that Jeno had to kneel in front of her, holding her hands tightly. He was truly sorry for what he had done to his mother the past few days. He was sorry that he assumed his mother didn't love him and that she loved Haechan more.

Jeno felt so guilty and so heartbroken when he found out that his mother lost a son... and that he lost a brother.

Areum started tearing up but she quickly wiped her tears away, not trying to cause Jeno to cry even more. She didn't like seeing her son cry over her. She didn't like the idea of her son being sorry for something he didn't know.

Because that's how mothers should be.

Areum pats Jeno's back, comforting him.

"It's alright, Jeno. It's all fine. It's not your fault, my son..."

Jeno stands up and hugs his mother tightly again. They cried together when the two of them finally realized their mistakes. As the two of them both finished crying, they walked outside of the room with smiles on their faces.

They both realized that they've only got each other in their family.

Meanwhile, Haechan and Mark were having the most awkward conversation in their lives. Haechan still can't stop thinking about Mark's... body. Mark still can't stop thinking about what he did and he regrets listening to what Jeno and Jaemin told him to do for "fun".

"... So do you-"

They both asked and stopped in unison. This was probably their most awkward conversation out of all of their awfully awkward conversations. Mark and Haechan just couldn't say what they feel about each other because the two of them "weren't ready" yet.

"I'm sorry for what I did, Haechan. That was really embarrassing- Jeno and Jaemin told me to do it!- I'm so sorry..."
"... Let's just forget that happened, okay? Let's shut up about it and go on with our day..."

Haechan says as he gives Mark a painfully awkward smile. Mark nods as they just enjoy the silence while sitting beside each other on Haechan's bed. Because of Jeno's sudden disappearance from planting the seeds, Mark and Jaemin finished the activity all by themselves while Haechan did nothing but freak out in his bedroom.

Well, other people could've done the same if they saw their crush shirtless.

"... But did you like-"
"Like what?"
"... My body?"
"... I'm not sure how to respond to that, Mark-"
"Well, just nod when you don't know-"
"Who taught you that?!"
"... Jaemin?"
"... Well... That method doesn't work in situations like this, Mark."

~

"Isn't that the elf?!"

Chenle heard a man yell at a different person. When Chenle looked at who the people were, he quickly realized that they were the New Knights. Chenle's eyes panicked as he started running away from the knights as fast as he could.