Chapter 41:

The two of them ran towards each other, about to hit each other with both of their specialized weapons. This was the day Jisung has been waiting for ever since he discovered that he was the "underdog". Haechan hits Jisung with his long ice blade as Jisung protects himself from it with his shield made of thorns.

The two of them fought as the snow started falling, making it easier for Haechan to defeat Jisung.

As the two of them fought intensely, Renjun searched for Haechan's location as he used one of the mirror shards to find him. There, Renjun sees Haechan being pinned on the ground as he notices that Haechan's wrists were being cuffed by several vines. Jaemin stared at the mirror for a bit before knowing where the two of them were fighting.

"I know this place."
"... Where is it?-"
"Come and follow me. I know the shortcut."

Jaemin says as the five of them followed wherever direction he went. It took them about twenty minutes of running quickly, Mark and Renjun being definitely included, to get there completely as Jaemin sees the two of them brutally fighting with each other. From what Mark saw from afar, Haechan was firing icicles at Jisung repeatedly but Jisung always shielded himself with the vines.

"... That's Haechan!"

Mark yelled as an icicle came their way, causing them to hide behind one of the huge boulders in the snowing... deserted land. The icicle slowly goes back to Haechan as he just found out that he can control anything that was made out of ice at that exact moment. Jisung shields himself but he misses a spot, causing the icicle to place a cut on his arm.

The cut placed on his arm was huge as it bleeds continuously.

Haechan stops, noticing that Jisung looked like he was feeling weak. Golden tears started dripping out of Jisung's eyes as he screamed in pain. It felt like those tears were burning his face as he kneels down, trying to wipe the "tears" away but he couldn't because of how it felt like burning his face.

"It hurts! It hurts!"

Jisung cries even more, causing more tears to start dripping down his face. Haechan took a pause, thinking if he should help Jisung since they have the same blood and that they were still "brothers". As Jisung suffered from the burning tears he had, Haechan walked closer towards him.

Haechan still wanted to help him.

"Jisung?-"
"It hurts! Go away!"
"I'm just trying to help you-"
"I SAID GO AWAY!"

Seconds after Jisung threatened Haechan to go away, Jisung's thorns passed through Haechan's stomach... and Mark witnessed everything. Haechan looked at his chest, knowing that he's going to pass away any minute. Jisung doesn't even know that his thorns stabbed Haechan.

Haechan closed his eyes, smiling into the air.

"My name is Mark Lee. Can we play?"
"... What?-"
"I haven't made friends yet. They already think I suck so I thought that I should make friends with you-"
"Why me? I don't want one."
"Because you look like you're alone!- Please... My mom said she'll give me a reward if I make at least one friend on my first day of school."
"... Oh, fine!"

"Do you really have to go?"
"... This sucks... Haechan, are you crying?"
"Well, what am I supposed to do?! Let you leave without showing any emotion when I don't even know when you'll come back?!"
"... Well, that sucks..."

"... You know, I'll be back but maybe in a few years- When I'm old enough! I'll be back when we're old enough! So we can save the beautiful lady from the dragon!"
"Promise me that, Mark..."
"I promise you that, Haechan."