Chapter 22:

"Am I having progress, Mark?"
"Your progress is already good enough, Haechanie. At least you know what you feel most of the time..."

Mark smiled at Haechan as they ate breakfast together with Jeno, Jaemin, and Areum. All of the people in the palace had actual progress, too. Areum and Jeno's relationship was fixed, Jeno and Jaemin love each other too much, and Mark found out how true love feels like.

The four of them were really destined to meet.

"What do you feel now?"
"... In love with you?"
"Not the obvious one, Mark. What do you- Nevermind. It's actually what you're feeling right now, isn't it?... Mark?..."

Mark was too busy staring at Haechan lovingly, not even understanding what Haechan was saying. Jaemin and Jeno rolled both of their eyes as Areum shook her head, adoring everyone in the palace. Haechan realizes that Mark really was admiring him as he blushes and looks away.

"... Are you two nutmegs not going to eat?"
"Shut up, Jaemin. You're like this to Jeno, too-"
"You didn't have to expose me like that, Mark."
"... It's obvious, Jaemin. Besides, who wouldn't want to look at a prince? Haechan is so beautiful-"
"Oh, god. This is how it feels like to be a third wheel-"
"At least YOU KNOW WHAT I FELT MOST OF THE TIME, JAEMIN."

Mark loudly reminds Jaemin, causing Jaemin to roll his eyes. Jeno stared at Jaemin with a smile, admiring Jaemin's imperfections in every way because he just looks adorable and IS adorable. Mark goes back to staring at Haechan who was still flustered at how Mark admires him.

That was until Renjun and Chenle showed up in the dining room.

"What the-"
"WE CAN EXPLAIN OURSELVES, YOUR HIGHNESS!"

Renjun yelled at Haechan as he rolled his eyes. All of them were confused at how Renjun and Chenle escaped the dungeon. Chenle looks at Jaemin and Jeno, giving a smile at them as the two smiled back. Chenle is always nice to the people who were also nice to him.

"... First of all, I'm older than your father. Second of all, respect the resident elf. Alright?"

Renjun says with confidence up his sleeves as Haechan realizes this, nodding at Renjun's suggestion. Well, escaping the locked gates of the dungeon in no time is something only an elf could do. Haechan didn't really believe that they were elves at first but then realizes they were after their escape.

"Look, your highness... You have to face that bastard prince or he'll end up a king in no time!-"
"Wait- WAIT!... so... I have a brother that I've never heard of at all and... he's going to be king? Well, let him be king... I'm already happy here..."
"Your highness, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! In order for him to be king, he has to get rid of the full royal blooded prince... which is YOU. He's going to find you and kill you himself. He's dangerous, your highness. I don't want to waste all of my effort in keeping you safe."
"... What?"

Haechan was confused, thinking about how Renjun kept him safe.

"... Can you... give context?"
"You have the same curse as your father. Your father didn't want you to be the King because of your growing curse since childhood. That's why he had a new son when you were only three years old. When you were five, your mother brought you to me so that I can heal you but I don't even know how to heal your father from that same curse! That's why I had to... tell your mother to keep it a secret from you. Your father was selfish and he embodied the curse... I didn't want you to end up like that... When this kingdom was abandoned, I had to watch everyone who entered and exited the kingdom because... I wanted to protect you from that new prince..."
"... How can I trust you with this information?"
"That prince killed your mother."