Chapter 29:

Jisung walks outside of the entrance of his palace, seeing Renjun. He walks faster towards Renjun, slapping him harshly as it causes Renjun to fall on the ground. The others panicked, helping Renjun get up from the ground while the knights tried to calm Jisung down.

"You think you'll ever get away from me, huh? You even had the audacity to turn yourself in? You think I won't hurt you like the way I did before-"
"Goddamn, can you calm the hell down?!"

Renjun yelled at Jisung as the side of his cheek bled from the inside because of how strong Jisung's impact was. Renjun never really bleeds from these types of injuries but since he just lost half of his golden aura, he actually bled.

But he still had fast healing abilities so it doesn't really matter if he bled.

"So what are you gonna tell me now, elf? That I lost the game?-"
"No... Look, you bastard. I actually have someone for you but it has many conse-"
"Just show me."

Jisung was so angry and frustrated at Renjun that he just couldn't stand listening to him talk disrespectfully towards him. The six of them made space for the person they're handing over... which was Haechan. The hooded man comes forward, facing Jisung bravely despite the not-so-far height difference.

"Can you show yourself? Who are you? And what do you want from me?"
"... I believe I should be the one asking that question, your highness."

Haechan takes off the hood, showing his pure blue eyes and his whole face to Jisung himself. Jisung's eyes widened at what he saw, surprised that Haechan brought himself in. Jisung wants to just punch him over and over until Haechan dies from the immense pain but he chooses not to.

He wanted to save up energy for what Haechan's about to offer him.

I mean, there's always something to take away if you give just a little part of yourself.

"This is what you've been wanting to do, right? You've waited years to kill me, right? Well, here I am now. What do you want from me?"

Haechan sternly asks, raising an eyebrow with confidence.

"I want you to step down in being the prince. Besides, you're already known as a dead person here."
"... I still can't do that. You know that I'm the actual prince, right?"

Haechan boasts, causing Jisung to hit him with a punch. Mark immediately comes forward, about to yell at Jisung for being too violent since Mark doesn't really know what to do at times like this.

"Hey- HEY! That's enough!"
"And who the hell are you?!"
"I'm..."

Mark's attention was caught by how ice started forming by Haechan's bleeding wound on his lips, seeing how Haechan quickly recovers. Mark begins to think about something that could help them and forgets to think about Jisung.

"..."
"... Hey... Mark, I'll handle this."

Haechan calms him down, giving Mark's shoulder a squeeze before he gives Jisung a cold stare.

"You know you've got to control your temper. I know you're not deserving to be a king of any sort but sadly you just got announced as king. You've hurt Renjun, you've hurt Chenle, you've hurt your servants, and you've been wanting to kill me. Honestly, are you doing this for more power? Or do you want to reassure yourself that you're not a bloodthirsty psycho? Because that's all I see."

Haechan wasn't afraid of anything. He wasn't even afraid of dying. He just wanted all of the people who kept him safe to be safe themselves.

"Oh... So you see yourself as a hero, right? But where were you when people needed one? Where were you, huh? Now, I'm here. I always saw myself as the villain, Haechan... but I think that's you now. You only cared for nothing but your royalty. It sucks to feel the pain of being powerless, right?"

Jisung knew what he had gone through himself but he didn't know what Haechan's experience was. Jisung was a complex person, having two faces to use everyday. Although, Haechan may not be as complex as him but he had gone through a lot of things that made him stronger through time.

Haechan turned out to be the "unfavoured" son of his father, his mother was even killed by Jisung, his position as the new king was stolen, and he was known as a dead person by the people in his own kingdom.

"Oh, yeah. It sucks when you're powerless and you have a tyrant ruling over you."
"You little- What do you want?"
"A fair fight? No powers used. If I win, you'll end up in prison. If you win, you get to kill me. Do we have a deal?"

Jisung took a deep breath, he didn't want to admit it but he felt intimidated. Haechan's confidence was overflowing because Haechan knew he was right and he's always right in decisions like this... He just doesn't think much but most of his decisions lead him closer to what he wants to happen.

"Fine. No powers."

Jisung says, still feeling intimidated by Haechan. He walks away, thinking about what he can do to win against Haechan completely. Then, he pauses when he suddenly hears the knights' swords slide against each others' armors.

He turned to look at them, giving a warning.

"Don't touch them. They're my property."

Jisung tells the knights, he really had the audacity to call the seven his "property".

"D-Daeji..."

Areum mutters, she was afraid of her own son being the one wanting to kill Haechan. Jisung walks away as he sees the dark figures again, pointing to him as he felt uncomfortable with himself. Jisung looks at the seven of them, wanting to call for help.

But he couldn't because he knew that "they" were watching his every move.

Jisung was afraid of what was happening to him, covering his ears again as he walked his way inside the palace. Haechan raised an eyebrow, noticing how Jisung looked suddenly uncomfortable and bothered by something... especially when he covered his ears.

The seven of them went to where Jaemin lived before any of this happened.

Jeno smiled in excitement when he saw how Jaemin's home looked like. Different types of herbs and flowers were everywhere, decorating the outside of his home. Jaemin suggested that they should stay at his home since it's not that easy to find and can actually be mistaken as a flower shop instead of a house.

"... Wow... You're really dedicated to herbs..."
"I thought you already knew that since we met, Mark."
"Well... I-I didn't know that it's gone this much!"
"Well, what can you say? I find them pretty, they make my home look pretty, and my house actually smells good because of the natural scent."

Jaemin proudly said, showing off how his home looked like. It really was beautiful. Suddenly, Jaemin caught Mark staring at Haechan once again.

'These two nutmegs won't really talk about it unless I tell them.', Jaemin thought as he shook his head.

Then, an idea popped in his head.

"... Mark..."
"... What?"
"Give him flowers-"
"Are you serious? No way! He needs time for himself, Jaemin-"
"Give him flowers. That's an order."