Chapter 14:

Jisung walked into the great hall of the new palace in the New Sun-Fire Kingdom. In this part of the country is where he felt like he was indeed righteous and deserving when he's nothing but a selfish teenager. Because he turned eighteen, he has the complete key to being a king.

When he learned that his father had a different son who is older than him, he immediately thought of getting rid of him.

Jisung wasn't raised by his mother, a maid, but he was raised in a different kingdom. He had dreams of being a king someday as he became more reckless when he became older. Jisung was a mischievous child that was exposed to seeing his "housemates" belittling the elves.

Of course he thought that was the right thing to do when they don't understand certain words or certain situations as a child.

"My son."

The King smiled at him as Jisung immediately sat on one of the chairs. A lot of people were there and they were the new royal officials of the New Sun-Fire Kingdom. Jisung successfully hides his true evil self with this fake modest persona.

That's why he earned everyone's trust.

"As you may know that my late son, Haechan, already passed away years ago."

The King said even if he knew that Haechan was still alive. The King didn't love his actual "legal" son because of the curse he has. He wasn't ready to raise someone like him and that's the reason why he impregnated a maid he lured with lust.

He did this so that the future king of New Sun-Fire Kingdom will be "normal" enough.

That's why Jisung has a lot of confidence in his chest. Although, the King didn't know that Jisung was the one who killed his wife who was the late queen of the past Sun-Fire Kingdom. The King was selfish just like his son who will be the new King in the future.

"We will have a new King in the future... Jisung?"
"Oh..."

Jisung realizes that he will have to introduce himself as the new prince.

"I am Prince Jisung, the New Prince of the New Sun-Fire Kingdom."

Jisung introduces himself as the new royal officials clapped at him. Jisung said it with so much pride and confidence that it fooled everyone about his real persona. Now that Jisung has been announced as the New Prince, his plan in killing Haechan himself will be on-going.

~

Meanwhile, Haechan was writing something as he sat by the piano in the ballroom. He thought about what Mark suggested, which is to have a ballroom dance to make new memories in that room. Even if Haechan was having trouble remembering past memories that aren't depressing, he still had progress since he actually trusts Mark fully which is something he doesn't do often... or in years.

While he wrote on the piece of paper, he also looked around to see what he wanted to change in this room. The moment he looked at the painting of his mother is when random memories started flashing in front of his eyes. He sees a "little Mark" running away from him while yelling "You can't catch me, Haechan!".

It was from their game of hide and seek when they were kids.

Those memories made Haechan have a headache for a bit then he realizes... those were happy memories. At least they were happy memories. It's been almost a week and it just made him feel that he has hope in recovering from this curse.

Haechan was about to cry from all of those uplifting memories but that was the same time Mark came. The two past "captives" were currently staying in a different bedroom since they've already proved to Haechan, Jeno, and Areum that they're trustworthy people. Imagine a coldhearted prince trusting a "stranger".

"Good morning, your highness- What are you doing in here though?"
"... How did you know I was in here?"
"I asked Mrs. Areum about where you were so I got here and- Wait... you're doing something, aren't you?"
"... No, I'm not-"
"Are you planning the one I suggested?-"
"Shut up, Mark-"
"Come on, Haechan. Just say it! I'll help you with it!"

Mark really was persistent as Haechan stared at him with an annoyed look.

"... What? You don't trust me? Look, Haechan. I do know how to do stuff like this since I'm a well-known businessman, you know?-"
"Fine! Just do it... I'm also kind of getting tired from it anyways..."

Haechan lied because he just wanted to stare at Mark writing the whole plan. Why does he want to stare at Mark? He doesn't know the reason at all... but he also doesn't even care. Although, he wonders if he's actually interested in Mark... the other way even if it's happening too quick.

To him, it feels like he has known Mark for years even if he does know Mark... he just can't remember the other parts of his life with him.

"Jaemin, open the door!-"
"I don't want to talk right now, Jeno."

Currently, Jeno and Jaemin are having a fight because of Jeno's situation. Jaemin still thinks that it was all his fault to kiss Jeno when Jeno's the one who agreed to be kissed. Jeno repeatedly told Jaemin that it was indeed his fault and not Jaemin's.

But Jaemin didn't want to hear any of that.

"Jaemin, it's not your fault! It's between me and my mother! You did nothing wrong!- Oh, god! I'm gonna take a break from this... I'll come back!"

Jeno tells Jaemin loudly before he turns back to walk downstairs. Then, he crossed ways with his mother at the same time he was going to take a break. Jeno stared at her before trying to walk downstairs like nothing happened.

"Jeno."

Areum calls his son as he stopped walking. Areum took time to think about what got into Jeno to let Jaemin kiss him and what got into Jeno to get mad at her. Areum found out that a lot of it was her fault.

She thought that if she spent time with her son more than with Haechan, Jeno wouldn't get mad at her for not "loving" him.

She just found it ridiculous that Jeno would ever say that she doesn't love him when in reality she truly does love him so much.

"My son, I apologize for what I've done in the past..."
"... Mother?"
"More than half of it was my fault... I'm sorry, Jeno. Forgive me for what I've done..."
"... It's alright, Mother. I understand."
"... I also understand why you let him kiss you... Maybe you really were like this, Jeno. Just continue to be happy and I'll be happy for you, too."

Areum says as her son hugs her tightly. Jaemin was eavesdropping from the door as he leaves the room and hugs the two of them.

"FINALLY!"

Jaemin yells excitedly, unknowingly making Areum and Jeno feel awkward but they agreed to just go with the flow with Jaemin's immeasurable kindness and happy vibes.