Chapter 30:

For the night, Jaemin offered his room for Areum and Jeno to stay in but because of Areum's kindness, she decided to stay with the others instead. She wanted her son to spend time with Jaemin instead of her since Jaemin was away for a bit. She also mentioned to Jaemin that Jeno always stared outside of the window when he was waiting for him to come back.

"Mother, you didn't have to-"
"It's alright, Jeno. Have fun with the love of your life."

Areum smiled at her son before leaving Jeno and Jaemin alone. Jaemin had a lot of spare rooms since most of his housemates, known as family members, left his side a long time ago. Jaemin only felt what having a family feels like when he first met Mark, Jeno, Haechan, and Areum.

Now, even Renjun and Chenle were added as members to his new family.

Since Jaemin was a bit stubborn, he didn't let Haechan and Mark get away from being roommates. Jaemin didn't like it when he sees two of his friends trying to hide what they're truly feeling for each other. The fact that Jaemin knew that Mark and Haechan's relationship lasted for ONE DAY is even worse.

Jaemin believed in destiny and he truly believed that Haechan and Mark were meant to be together.

He knows that because he's been with Mark since the beginning of their journey.

"Jaemin, what do you mean-"
"NO INTERRUPTIONS. TALK TO EACH OTHER WHILE I'M AWAY."

Jaemin loudly reminds the two that it almost sounded like a threat. Jaemin exits the room Haechan and Mark both stay in, locking the door because he really wanted the two of them to talk to each other. Haechan knew Jaemin locked the door because the knob let out a loud sound of it.

"... So... Do you want to talk about us?"
"What about us, Haechan?"
"... Look, Mark... Just because I prevented you from hitting Jisung, it doesn't mean that-"
"That what?"
"... Honestly, I don't even know. When it comes to this, I suddenly don't know how to decide."
"... Isn't that the reason why I want to help you? For you to think better and make good decisions faster?"
"Well, that's different now. I ended the relationship and the difficulty of solving this situation never even changed one bit..."

Haechan says as the sound of disappointment was heard in the tone of his voice. Mark shrugged, thinking of a way to solve Haechan's problem. Mark definitely was still Haechan's "therapist" as he always makes full effort for everything that's related to Haechan.

After thinking of an idea, Mark turned to look at Haechan.

"Maybe the two of us should decide now. You're stressing yourself out too much with all of the thinking when you have another brain with you..."
"... You're right. We should decide about this... now."

Haechan looked into Mark's eyes once again, wanting to kiss him but he doesn't even know if Mark would even want him back after this conversation. Mark cupped Haechan's face, kissing him deeply as Haechan's back was harshly pressed against the door.

Jaemin even heard how loud Haechan's back was pressed against the door because his head was definitely pressed against the door while he was listening to their conversation as he recently just figured out that Mark and Haechan were definitely kissing each other.

"God- Goddamn, that hurt my head."

Jaemin cursed, rubbing the back of his head. Haechan, then, realized that he had to ask Jaemin for some spare clothes as he busted the door open, hitting the back of Jaemin's head once again.

"Ow!-"
"What in the world are you doing?"
"... Nothing!"

Jaemin quickly walked away from them, feeling the most intense type of embarrassment within himself. Haechan shook his head, forgetting about asking for spare clothes and entering the room he shared with Mark.

They both knew they missed each other and felt the love and the spark between them.

~

"Please... if you're going to make me suffer... just end me now."

Jisung says, alone in his bedroom once again. It felt unusual for him since no one was showing up and he can't even hear the voices for once. He felt alone but he also felt like he's being watched. Jisung clearly is very unstable, even his decisions were unstable.

He already had everything he once wanted... but does he really want those things he once wanted?

Jisung looks at the cracked mirror once again, asking his own reflection for help. His horrifying reflection shows up to him once again. The reason why Jisung believed the realistic figures more than his own reflection was because of how they looked like.

But the real villains were those realistic figures he once believed.

"Please help me now."
"I always do that, Jisung... but you never listened. Are you willing to listen now?"
"... Yes... but I have to ask something..."
"Ask away."

His reflection gave him an unsettling twisted smile as Jisung was about to ask a question.

"Am I a... monster?"

Jisung asks, tears forming at the corners of his eyes once again. His reflection frowned, looking at him straight in the eye.

"Do you think you are?"
"... I don't know... but I don't want this anymore."
"What do you mean, Jisung? Didn't you get mad at me for telling you that you can be a hero?-"
"Everything is coming together and... I don't want to be a monster..."
"... If you don't want to, then decide to do what's good- They're coming! Jisung, remember to do what's good-"

His reflection turned into ashes as Jisung looked behind him, seeing multiple realistic figures of his father.

"DO YOU WANT TO MAKE US PROUD, JISUNG?!"

The figures said in unison, threatening Jisung as he backed away in fear only for him to realize that they were around him. Jisung crouched once again, covering his ears from the loud sounds of multiple expressions of disappointment towards him.

Jisung doesn't want to be the villain anymore.

~

"So are you getting back with Mark or what?"
"I don't know- Why? And how do you know???"

Haechan was training with Jeno but it seemed like Jeno asked Haechan a lot about his relationship with Mark rather than asking him if both of his fists and arms hurt.

"Well, you two should get a room if you think-"
"We were IN A ROOM?!"
"... Fine, the four of us listened-"
"THE FOUR?! Please don't tell me your mother listened, too-"
"What?! No! Your highness, that's literally... unsettling."
"... I like how we're literally fighting and- OW!"

Haechan didn't clearly see Jeno's fist going straight into his face. Jeno panics as he immediately helps Haechan get up from the floor.

"You see... This is why you need to pay attention during times like this, your highness."
"... Aren't you the one who asked about that topic first?!"