XXI

“Thanks for taking care of my daughter…”

Mingyu just came back from his business trip… he quickly went directly to the Jeon’s mansion to see Rosé and especially his daughter even didn’t bother to change from his business suit… but upon reaching their house, Jungkook was the only one who welcomed him… learning that his two angels were still sleeping after playing in the beach earlier.

“Don’t mention it… my wife was really happy during Soojin’s stay here... and I’m sure she’ll be sad once you guys went back abroad…”

Mingyu smiled upon hearing it from ‘her’ husband… could feel that Jungkook’s concern towards his wife… and somehow felt relieved that ‘she’ married a good man… for once he knew she’s sad and hurting… he’ll definitely not just step back and do nothing about it…

The two men continued talking about different things especially in business… with their young age they’re now both aware of every sides inside that particular industry…

Jungkook almost forgot that he was talking to another guy with the same feeling as his friend towards his wife… Their talk was only got stop when a familiar little voice called Mingyu from upstairs…

“Appa…!”

The little girl ran downstairs that made the two men quickly stood up and almost run towards the little girl…

“Soojin-ah…! Don’t run…”

But the little girl was too excited to listen… she still ran her way towards his dad while extending her arms… Mingyu chuckled on his daughter’s adorableness and lifted her up on in his arms… not minding if he’s still quite tired from his trip…

Jungkook just watched the father and daughter at the side… can’t but to feel a tinge of envy seeing the little girl so happy with his father… and suddenly his mind flied towards his wife who’s still in their room…

“Did my baby behaved during her stay here…?”

Mingyu’s tone immediately changed when he talked to his daughter… his serious image instantly got replaced by his pure fatherly image… the little girl chuckled and nodded… hugging her dad tight for she truly missed him.

Jungkook bowed his head down… thinking if there would be a time he would have that moment with his own child… that with his situation right now… would there be a time that his child would hug him and miss him like that…?

“Soojin met with omma’s friends… uncle Taehyung, Jennie… Mr.Lee…-”

The little girl started to tell things about her stay to his dad… Mingyu just listened to her and would once in while glance at Jungkook… smiling to the other guy hinting that her daughter may take time to tell her whole story… and Jungkook got the hint…

“I’ll just check on Rosé…”

Mingyu nodded before lifting her daughter out in the garden to hear more of her stories…

Jungkook made his way upstairs… finally got over to what had happened hours ago in their room… but upon making his way towards their room… she then just got out of their room freshly showered…

He quickly stopped in his tracks just like her… she didn’t expect him to still be at their house… but can’t but to feel at least happy to know that he is… but the awkward atmosphere between them right now is becoming suffocating… he cleared his throat before speaking.

“Mingyu’s downstairs…” “Oppa…?”
She quickly asked in reply… her husband flinched a bit upon hearing her calling her brother-in-law in such way again… and he still didn’t like it…

Rosé quickly quickened her tracks… excitement could be seen on her face and  that didn’t escape his eyes… and as soon as she got near him… he quickly held on to her arm… as if he didn’t want her to go downstairs and meet with her
brother-in-law… since when did he became this possessive..?

She looked at him wonderingly… he quickly let go of her arm, surprised with his own actions…

“Ask him to stay for dinner…and don’t ever flirt around inside my house”

And with that he walked past her… but before he could walk further, she spoke. “Aren’t you going down…?”
She asked which made him stop from his track… didn’t she hear what he just told her…?

“Why..? Do you want me to ruin your time with your dear oppa…?”

His tone sounded to sharp… and yet she can’t make herself get mad with him... just confused to his sudden change of mood…

“I… I just thought you don’t have anything to do in here… better just join us-…” “I’ll go downstairs… geez can’t I just have take my shower first…?”
He rolled his eyes before continuing on with his tracks… taking his time for he really doesn’t want to ruin her last time together with the two downstairs… not minding his sudden concern for her… or just keeping himself away from feeling another envy he would feel once he join them…

He went down went it’s already time for dinner… seeing the three having the time of their life… he played blank and careless… Rosé watched him as he sat next to her… quite bothered why he’s been acting so quiet… the dinner wasn’t quiet thanks to Soojin for making it alive…

--

“When’s your flight…?”

Rosé approached Mingyu after dinner… while her husband accompanied Soojin to somewhere…

Her voice showed sadness… hoping their flight would be at least moved by tomorrow so that she could spend more time with her niece…

“This night… I still have to catch up a meeting once we got there…”

Her sadness then got replaced by worry… he’s been working too much… and now that no ones there to take care of him, it worries her more…

“What’s with the face…? Don’t worry… I still eat and sleep on time… I should be the one worrying about you…”
Her bro raised… she looked at him wonderingly while he just chuckled at her… “You’re way too busy with your husband now that you may eventually forget about
your oppa…”

Here he is again with his childish jealousy… until the end he still managed to joke… she smiled before reaching for his arm.

“Nah… you’ll be my one and only oppa…” She never fails to bring a smile on him. “Good to know that…”
She continuously looked at him… wanting to ask him something but having second thoughts if she should… Mingyu noticed her uneasy stares… looked back at her and asked her what she wants to tell him…

“Oppa…”

She started… he looked at her curiously when she shyly smiled at him.

“Aren’t you planning on giving Soojin a new mom…? Plus I’m getting worried that no ones there to take care of you… I know my sister wouldn’t mind if you would look for someone new…”

He dropped his gaze from her and sighed… what she just said were like another painful rejection from her… it felt like she was truly pushing him away now… but she’s right… she will never be there to take care of him now… never will she be there to complete his family.

“You know I’m a busy man… I don’t have much time to look for some new love… I’m afraid I would be only leaving her always… and would only be a nanny to Soojin… plus, you know my daughter… she’s a very jealous girl just like her mom… I’m sure she wouldn’t like me mingling with other women besides you… I’m already fine having you, Soojin and my parents in my life…”

Her eyes shined for admiration towards him… doesn't have any idea that it was

only her that he has been waiting for... and that it will forever be just his greatest defeat...

“I guess your right… but please oppa… don’t wear out yourself too much…” “Neh omma…”
And with that, the two burst out in laughter… watching her in happiness is really enough for him to let her go…

--

“Uncle Jungkook…”

Soojin came back from the guestroom holding on something… it was the handcraft she received earlier from the man in the beach… she extended her arms, giving Jungkook the seashell on her hands…

“Are you giving this to me baby…?”

He lifted her up to his arms… the little girl nodded and smiled… “But I thought you like it…”
“Yes uncle…that’s why I’m giving it to you… so that when uncle sees it… he would remember Soojin…”

The little girl flashed her another sweet smile… he admits… this child could really move him… with every of her adorable moves… any person could turn soft towards the child…

“And uncle…”

The little girl continued… pouting her lips for some unknown reasons… sure he would miss that expression of hers… he just listened to her… while carrying her in his arms…

“Promise to visit me together with omma, uncle Taehyung and Jennie… and please take care of omma…” her voice then began to trailed off… as if she’s thinking of something deep…

“She’s really clumsy and weak… appa and I would always take care of her when

we’re still in abroad… she would even often lost her way that’s why we always fetch her from her school… omma’s just not good in directions… take care of her neh…? So that she’ll be healthy and would be able to give Soojin a baby sister… promise me uncle…”

He was a bit taken aback with her last words… how this little angel could be so smart and innocent at the same time… Soojin wriggled her legs upon not hearing any response from him… that’s when he snapped back from his trance and held the little girl tighter…

“I will baby… I promise…”

Soojin giggled in content and that’s when they heard her dad calling her for they already need to go…

--

Upon reaching the front porch… that’s when Soojin began to cry… ran to her ‘omma’ and hugged her tight… Rosé sat down to meet her niece’s height… hugging the little child’s frame and patting her back to make her stop from crying… her husband stayed on the side together with her brother-in-law… giving the two a time to say goodbye with ach other…

“Omma… just come with us…”

Soojin said between her sobs… Rosé smiled before releasing the child from her hold and reached for its cheeks to wipe off her tears… this was just like what happened when she left her back then in abroad… and it’s still breaks her heart until now that she has to be separated from her again…

“Baby I can’t…”

Is all that she could manage to say… Soojin pouted her lips before she met with Jungkook’s gaze who winked a bit at her… reminding her the promise he made… and that’s enough for Soojin to let go…

Rosé was quite surprised because of the quick change from Soojin’s mood… now, the little girl’s looking at her with a sweet smile on her face… Rosé gave back an uneasy smile…

“Okay omma… but promise me you’ll give me my baby sister once you visit neh…?”

Soojin said with full glee… which made all the adults surrounded her stiffed on  their spots… the maids around widen their eyes before bowing down… Jungkook looked away while Rosé and Mingyu almost choke of what Soojin just asked her aunt…

“S- Soojin-ah… time to go now baby…”

Mingyu broke the awkward atmosphere first… quickly went to his daughter before Soojin could request more awkward things…

“Omma… prom-..” “Soojin-ah…”
Mingyu lifted her up and quickly put her inside his car… he sighed before turning back to the couple…

“I’m really sorry about that…”

He said without looking at the two especially to Rosé… “It’s okay… it’s not as if she said something wrong…”
Jungkook quickly replied which made Rosé looked back at him… he just ignored her surprised stare and went to her… wrapping his arm around her shoulders… which made her stiffened more…

“Ah… yes… well… thanks for the warm hospitality…”

Mingyu uneasily said as he bowed to the two… leaning a bit to Rosé. “Take care arasso…”
And with that, he pecked on her cheek… just like he usually do when they were still in abroad… but still it’s Jungkook’s first time seeing others doing such thing towards his wife… he unconsciously tightened his hold on her shoulder but Rosé didn’t notice it… too absorbed now on the sadness she’s feeling.

She just nodded to him… Mingyu and Jungkook bid goodbye with each other before the former went inside his car… he gave the two one last sincere smile before starting on his car… Rosé’s eyes began to moisten…

“Uncle… omma visit us okay…!”

Soojin yelled out to her window one last time before the car started making its way out from their front yard…

And just then Jungkook felt her shoulder began to tremble… saw her hand making its way to her face… maybe wiping off her tears… yet his arm won’t pull itself off from her yet… even though the car was already out of their gate… he just can’t let go of her… and still doesn’t know why….

The maids already made their way inside… leaving the two outside… and after a while he finally put down his arm… turned back from her and before he could start his track, he spoke…

“Get inside… you’ll catch cold when you stay out here long…”

He ordered her not with his usual cold voice… she glanced at the side a bit before wiping off her tears again…

“I- I’ll go later…”

He knows she wanted some time alone… he stayed rooted on his spot for quite long… looking at her trembling shoulder with an unreadable expression on his face… just like the night he saw her on the terrace… she’s now again crying alone under the cold night…

He should have just ignored her and just continue his way inside… he should have been feeling glad for at least now she’s in pain again… but no… everything’s he’s feeling right now is the total opposite of it…

And with that… he went back towards her… grabbing her towards him and wrapping his arm back again to her shoulders… making her face buried on his chest… she was startled once again… thought that he already left her… but now here he is somehow comforting her… why…? she thought… but didn’t bother answering her own question for the warmth she’s feeling right now made her clear her mind from all the sadness … got replaced by just pure peace which she’s wanting to feel … she closed her eyes as the tears slowly subsided…

Both stayed quiet… he never utter a word… he just look ahead… his mind was blank… doesn’t know what made him do what he just did but at least didn’t feel the same regret he felt the once he ignored himself comforting her that one night… how funny it is to think that the woman who’s causing him confusion was also now the reason he’s feeling the same peace she’s feeling…

ALWAYSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें