Chapter 4: Growing Relationship

America

I can't believe Russia and I had a conversation. Maybe talking to him isn't that hard. Maybe I can ask him if he wants to eat lunch with me.

I was in math class, probably the most boring class ever. The teacher kept talking, but I wasn't focusing at all. I was too busy thinking about how I'd ask Russia to have lunch with me.

I could ask him after class, after all we have math together. Maybe I could pass him a note? He does sit in front of me but that might be too suspicious.

"America!" I heard the teacher yell and I immediately looked up.

"Y-yes?" The entire class is looking at me. God this is embarrassing.

"Pay attention, I'm trying to explain the homework for tonight."

"R-right, sorry sir." I look back up at the teacher and try to ignore the people staring at me.

~~~~(Timeskip)~~~~

The bell rings and everyone begins to get their shit together. I quickly pick my stuff up and walk up to Russia.

"Hey, Russia?"

He doesn't respond...

I tap his shoulder, "Russia?"

He turns around to look at me. "Yes?"

"I wanted to know if you maybe...I don't know, wanted to have lunch together?" Shit. That sounded weird.

"Sure, why not." Russia said as he shrugged. "Where are we sitting? I'm just asking because I don't think your friends like me."

I forgot about that. "Maybe we could sit in the courtyard?"

"Sounds good," he waves to me and begins to walk away. "See you at lunch, America."

That actually worked? I shake my head to get rid of the heat rising to my cheeks. One more class period and I'll be able to have lunch with my crush.

~~~~(Timeskip Again)~~~~

Lunch time....shit I'm sweating like crazy.

I grab my lunch and sit down on a bench in the school's courtyard. Now I just have to wait for Russia....

Why is he taking so long? Did he just ghost me?

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting. One of the teachers wanted to talk to me." Russia sat down beside me.

"Oh it's fine, I wasn't waiting too long." That was a lie, I've been waiting for ten minutes.

Silence....what should I say?! This was a bad idea-

Russia broke the silence. "So, why'd you ask me to have lunch with you?"

What to answer?! I don't know what to say! I don't want to sound weird!

I start shaking and no matter how much I tell myself to stop, I can't.

"Hey, are you alright?" He turns to look at me, I can see a worried expression on his face.

"Y-yeah! It's just my anxiety acting up, s-sorry..." Russia puts his hand on my shoulder and I stop shaking.

"Everyone has anxiety, no need to worry about it." He gives me a gentle smile. I've never seen him smile before...I like it.

"Umm...I'll answer your question now," I let out an awkward laugh before continuing. "I don't really know why I asked you to have lunch with me...maybe I thought I could be your friend?"

"Friend?" He sounded surprised.

Did I say the wrong thing?!

"I-I mean, if you're ok with it! I don't want to-"

Russia cut me off. "Sure, having a friend would be nice."

I smiled and began to eat as Russia started up a conversation about math class.

This is nice. I think I could get used to this.

~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Finally felt motivated enough to finish a chapter!

I've also been working on my mental health. I got a therapist and I'm back on my anxiety meds. So I've been a lot better.

I'll still post irregularly but I'll trying to work on them as often as I can.

~Gaylimeboi