Chapter 27: Stalker

Russia

It was quiet in the car on the way home. No one wanted to say anything or couldn't. I paid no attention to the cars passing us, or the cars behind us.

I focused on the people in the car. America fell asleep in the passenger seat. Toby was looking out the window. Viktor was staring at his hands and Khristina was staring into space.

After a while, we arrived home. I didn't want to wake America, so I carried him inside. Khristina ran upstairs with Viktor and Toby close behind.

Forgetting to lock the door as I laid Ame down on the couch and laid next to him. I listened to his snoring until my eyes got heavy. 

~~~~~~~~

I woke up next to America. He had his eyes closed and his mouth open while snores escaped him. I shifted to get up without waking Ame.

I succeeded and went to go make something to eat. I wasn't focused on anything but cooking. After I was done cooking, I went back to wake America.

What I saw made me freeze. America was lying on the floor, soaked in his own blood. My heart dropped and tears welled up in my eyes. I dropped to my knees.

I hold America in my arms and cry. That's when I realized that he's still breathing. I instantly grab my phone and start calling 911 but America stops me.

He gives me a weak smile and speaks. His voice barely a whisper. "I-I love you Rus…"

He closes his eyes. And just like that the love of my life is gone. I hug his now limp body and cry out.

I hear footsteps approaching and turn my head around to see who it was. The triplets. Toby fell down and silently sobbed into his hands. Viktor was frozen but tears rolled down his face.

Khristina cried with Toby. I couldn't look at them anymore so I hugged America tighter and closed my eyes.

I remembered back on the times we had together. The first day we kissed. When America became pregnant. When the triplets were born. Everything repeating in my head.

Footsteps get closer and closer. I didn't pay any attention to them, all my attention was on my dead lover. But then, I felt a sharp pain in my back.

~~~~~~~~

I shoot up and frantically look around. America is peacefully sleeping next to me. I hold him close, afraid that he might die in my arms. That nightmare played through my head like a broken record.

Skipping to places and repeating.

I wanted to cry, so I did. America started to stir, he must have felt my tears because he starts to ask if I'm ok.

"I-I'm fine…" I stutter back.

"Bullshit, what's wrong Rus?" Rus. At that word, the image of America dying came back to me. I started crying again. "Woah, it's ok. I'm here,  Russia. It's going to be ok."

He hugged me and rubbed circles on my back. I gradually began to calm down, tears stopped falling and my breathing slowed down.