Chapter 28: Eight Years

Viktor

Eight years go by. Not much changes. Well so things have changed. Mom got fired from his job and Papa got a promotion. 

Toby was given a service dog because of PTSD. I was diagnosed with depression, how fun. Khristina hasn't changed much but apparently she wants to tell Toby and I something.

So that's why I'm standing in front of her bedroom with Toby. Toby knocks for the fifth time while I lean on the wall.

Khristina opens the door and waves us in. She tells us to sit on the floor so we do.

"So what's up?" I ask after getting comfortable.

Khristina shifts nervously and takes a deep breath. "So I wanted to tell you guys that I'm...I don't like being a girl. I'd rather be a guy."

I'm not really shocked to say the least. I've kind of been expecting this. "Cool, so would you like for Toby and I to call you by masculine pronouns?"

"Wait, you don't care?!" She- I mean he was shocked. Of course I didn't care. I'm gay and Toby's pan, why would I care?

Toby started to sign the same thing I said in my head. Khristina relaxed a bit but then looked down.

"What will Papa and Mom say?"

"I don't think they'd care either. They're gay after all. I'm pretty sure that they won't mind." I looked at him with a reassuring expression.

"Just tell them, I'm sure they'll be supportive." Toby signed to him.

"Yeah you're right! I'll tell them now!" He gets up and rushes out of the room. I run after him, I'm not missing this.

We all arrived in the living room, where Mom and Papa were watching TV. Khristina walked in front of the screen and was becoming instantly nervous.

"Khrisy? What's wrong?" Mom got up and went towards him. Papa got up as well.

"Mom, Papa, I want to tell you something."

"Alright, you can tell us anything." Papa said as he stood by Mom.

"I...I don't like being a girl..I'd rather be a guy." Both Mom and Papa looked shocked but didn't say anything until Khristina started crying.

"No, no, don't cry." Mom hugged him. "It's ok, we'll love you no matter what."

Papa joined the hug. "We support you."

I felt like tearing up, it was such a sweet moment. I didn't get that response when I came out. All I got was a "good for you" and a hug from Mom.

I looked at Toby and saw the happiness in his eyes. After a moment, Mom and Papa started asking if Khristina wanted to be called Khris. 

"That sounds nice." Khris said while smiling widely. I ran up and hugged him, Toby also joined. I was so proud of Khris for coming out but I also felt bad for him.

Mom decided to take Khris to the doctor to see if he could get put on testosterone and potentially get a top surgery. 

Papa stayed home with us, talking about how he could've guessed. Toby's dog, Scraps, came over and started jumping on Papa.

Papa yelled Russian curse words at him before the dog ran away. Papa never did like that dog but he tolerated it for Toby.

Mom came home with Khris and said we'd be going to the mall today to get some stuff for him.

We left happily, getting into the car and driving off.

~~~~(Timeskip)~~~~

We got to the mall and began walking to the door but suddenly all of us stopped.

A gunshot sounded out.

Mom was on the ground, blood pooling around him. Papa ran to him and tried to get him up. Bystanders were looking for the source of the bullet.

I was frozen in shock as my sibling began to sob. Papa tried desperately to wake Mom up, but to no avail.

Mom was gone.

The thought finally hit me and I burst into tears. My mom was dead. I'd never get to feel his hugs again or hear his voice. 

Papa wouldn't let go of Mom when the police and ambulance arrived. When they managed to pry Mom away from him, Papa cried out and tried to grab Mom again.

The cops looked around for evidence while Toby, Khris, Papa, and I were taken to the hospital.

I couldn't believe what just happened. It was so fast. My body was still as my mind raced. Khris held onto me as he cried. Toby cried with Papa.

The police came by and said they caught who did it. It was the same person that broke into our house eight years ago. They took her to jail and left.

Doctors came by and said that they tried everything, but they couldn't save Mom. Papa didn't want to leave the hospital. He didn't want to leave Mom.

We were driven home by a cop. The car ride was silent. And when we got home, it was still silent. Papa started drinking and didn't stop until he passed out.

Toby hid in his room while Khristina sat with him. I was there with them, well my body with them, but my mind was somewhere else.

~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!

Don't kill me for this. America dying was planned even before the kids were.

So if you read the chapter before, you will know that there is going to be one chapter after this.

I hope you guys are ok with this chapter because my brain was melting as I wrote.

~Gaylimeboi