Chapter 16: Ultrasound

*Evil laugh*

Y'all are if for a fun surprise

~~~~~~~~

Russia

Three weeks have gone by. America's stomach doesn't look too big but it isn't exactly its normal size either. 

Others have started catching on with what's happening. Most of them found out via Ame vomiting every morning.

His mood swings are becoming more frequent but, for the most part, he seems to stay mad at others. America has been very clingy with me, so much so that the Administrator lets me stay here with him.

But right now, Ame and I were watching TV while waiting for his appointment with the doctor. Meri looked to be very nervous, shaking his leg and holding onto me like his life depended on it.

"Don't be nervous, Meri. Everything will be fine. It's just an ultrasound, nothing bad." I pulled him into a tight embrace, hoping that that would help him calm down.

"I know, I know." He sighed and leaned into the hug. I looked up at two people who just walked in, a pregnant lady and what I assumed was her boyfriend or husband.

The pregnant lady and her significant other sat beside America and I. The guy looked at us and so did the woman. "Why are you guys here?"

"Ultrasound." I replied simply. America moved to look at who was talking. The woman waved at him with a friendly smile, but America didn't care and hid his face again.

"How many months along?" The woman asked.

"Three." I hate communicating with people so again, I kept my answer short.

The woman nodded her head in acknowledgement. "I'm six months along."

America stopped hiding and looked at her. "Does it get harder?"

She shook her head. "No, you get used to it after a while."

The doctor opened the door and called out for America. We both stood up and followed the doctor to a room.

America was told to lie down and expose his stomach a bit. The doctor put something on her hand. "Fair warning, this is cold."

I didn't know what was happening as I watched the doctor spread some sort of gel on Ame's stomach. She then grabbed a device and started moving it around on America's stomach.

Occasionally, she'd look up at a small screen. After a few minutes, an image popped up on the screen. The doctor held her hand in place and started to examine the screen.

"Wow, now this is uncommon." She muttered a bit too loud.

"What?! What's wrong?!" I was a bit panicked, what does she mean by uncommon?

"Oh nothing is wrong. Would you like to see?" I nod my head vigorously. She moves over just a bit so I can see the screen.

There on the tiny display, is three blobs.

I'm a bit confused. "Umm...is that normal?"

America looked up as us with a worried expression. "Is what normal?!"

"It's very normal." She points to the three blobs on screen. "Each of these represent a fetus or a baby."

"So does that mean…?" I trail off and look back at the screen.

"Yes, you two are going to have triplets."

"What?!" America quickly sat up and glanced at the screen. "Three babies?!"

Meri and I were both panicking. How were we supposed to handle three kids?

The doctor stood up and turned to me. "I'll need for you to leave."

I reluctantly got up and left. I walked back to the lobby to see the same people from before, the man and the pregnant woman.

I sat down and put my face in my hands. The Administrator is going to be livid. The woman tapped me on the shoulder. "Are you alright, sir?"

"Yeah, I'm fine.." The woman shook her head.

"No you're not. You are clearly struggling with something, what's wrong? Is it something with your boyfriend or your baby?"

"Try babies...there's three of them…" The woman gasped and started to congratulate me.

I shook my head at her. "No, it's not a good thing! I'm only a teenager and so is he! We aren't qualified to be parents!"

"Oh my...I'm so sorry…" The woman lowered her head and I felt a bit of guilt. I shouldn't have yelled.

Before I could apologize, America came out with pictures of the ultrasound. He quickly grabbed my hand and we left.

We walked all the way home and got to America's room. I looked at America to see if he was ok, but his expression was blank. No anger or happiness. It was just blank.

"Meri?" I touched his shoulder, and in the instant his expression changed. He started crying. "Hey, don't cry. I'm here, it's ok."

I hugged him and let him cry into my shoulder. "I'm sorry…"

"No, don't be sorry. It's alright if you need to cry." I rubbed his back as he sobbed. I broke my heart to see him so sad. It's all my fault. I'm the one who did this to him. "If anyone should be sorry, it's me."

America moved so that he could look at me. "No! Don't say that! I'm not mad at you...I was actually happy to be carrying your child but then I found out that there's three and….I just don't know how we're going to handle this."

I hear footsteps getting closer to the doorway and see Aussie standing there. "If you can't handle the kids, then get an abortion."

"HELL NO!!" America shouted as he pushed me away to get close to Australia. "THIS DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU SO HOW ABOUT YOU TAKE YOU STUPID AUSTRALIAN ASS OUT OF MY SIGHT!!"

Aussie backed up, scared of America's sudden outburst. I stepped up to America and held his shoulders. "Calm down, Meri. I'm sure he didn't mean it, right?"

I glare at Aussie, who gets even more scared. "Y-yeah mate! I didn't m-mean it!"

"Whatever, just go." America mumbled after he turned to hug me.

Australia quickly left, leaving America and I alone together. I didn't stop hugging him until he felt better.

~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!

So I lied when I said there was one child. There's actually three.

I already figured out their personalities and character design.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. Also isn't it shocking that I did two chapters today? Guess I was just very inspired.

~Gaylimeboi