26

a/n: HDISJS I BLINKED? 9k? lucky ass readers, you're lucky i love you 🥺

ring...

it's not hard really, to pick up the phone. wooyoung wondered why it always took too long and even questioned why some had them if they would never answer.

ring...

he heard this exact sound when he tried reaching out to his brother the last day they had talked. the line never went through, and it left wooyoung's head a mess.

ring...

this ringing sound, is also similar to being punched and kicked so much that all you hear is the sharp ringing sound.

ring...

wooyoung remembered all of them from middle school, as if they were apart of him. and as a matter of fact, they were a huge part of him. his past was something he always tried to forget, but those one memory had caused him so much trauma. especially when those who caused it, were trying to kill him and his best friend.

"hello?"

the ringing had come to a stop, as a soft voice had filled the other line. it wasn't san, but the number couldn't have been wrong, they seemed nice so wooyoung decided to speak.

"do you know a choi san?" his name causing wooyoung's heart to ache, realizing how much the name hurt him right now.

"i do, and you are..?" the male trailed off, sounding eager to know who he was speaking to. "i'm w-wooyoung, i met san in a mental hospital."

the male on the phone was silent for a moment, before speaking again. "oh. i see. san's in trouble again?" he asked as if it wasn't the first time, and like it was something to be worried about.

"what do you mean again?" wooyoung asked cluelessly, waiting for an answer. "again, like, san has a fucked up family history. his mom has almost killed him three times, and yet they never find enough evidence to arrest her, because she knows how to run away."

wooyoung's heart broke at the word kill. many people die, it's a natural thing. but the way wooyoung had seen people die, the thought of it scared him and made him want to break down.

"so why did san give us your number? can you help us?" wooyoung asked, his voice sounding broken. "depends, who is us, and who are you guys to my sanie?" wooyoung paused at 'sanie', that's what he called san and it made him wonder what their relationship was.

"uh jung wooyoung... san's... l-love interest? jeong yunho, his friend, and song mingi, yunho's friend."

"you sound hesitant saying love interest, were you guys fighting or unofficial?" the guy on the other end began chuckling softly, and his comment made
wooyoung's cheeks turn red. "unofficial i guess.."

"so can you help us or not? i miss his sexy ass.." wooyoung pouted, even if the other person couldn't already tell in his voice. he still laughed at that last part though, "san picked wise, i never thought i would see him like someone other than me."

wooyoung's eyes widen, "hey, he's mine now, no hard feelings okay?" silence hit again. "don't worry, he's all yours, it was in the past."

wooyoung smiled to himself proudly, before returning to the situation they were in. "we're near a phone booth, 12 blocks away from KQ mental health hospital. i think this is main street? you close by right?" wooyoung questioned, trying not to sound too desperate even with his emotions already drained.