32

the room had grown silent after san had told his story, it made wooyoung sad and he just didn't know what to say yet. tears were threatening to fall, but eh forced them to stop because he didn't want san to see him cry anymore than he had.

so, he began asking small questions and things he might've been curious about. not to push san's boundaries of course, but so that he knew and the conversation no longer had to be brought up in the future.

"so.. your mom has been pretty much controlling you your whole life, with no reason at all?" wooyoung asks, his voice a little shaky as san began stroking his fingers through wooyoung's hair, his head on san's chest. "hmm, sort of. she didn't like the idea of me being happy because she thinks i took her happiness from her."

wooyoung pouts, sitting himself up to get a good at san's face. "thats no reason at all. besides, look what she did to you.." wooyoung starts to notice all of the bruises done to san's face, how pale he's gotten, and how much weight he had lost. he placed his hands and both sides of san's face, turning his face from one side to another as he examined his face more. "wooyoung," san starts, looking into wooyoung's eyes innocently. wooyoung didn't respond, he only frowned deeply. "hey, look at me, i'm okay." wooyoung shook his head no, as he took his hands away. "you're not..."

"silly, i'm alive, not dead." san says, grabbing wooyoung's hand before gently placing it on his torso, close to his heart. "do you feel that?" wooyoung nods. "that means i'm alive, and i'm okay. alright?" wooyoung frowned even more, before remembering something he wanted to give to san. he smiled, before pulling it out from behind him. "tada! i got you something."

san furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at what wooyoung got him, tilting his head a bit. "you got me a dog?" he questioned, smiling after he took it out of wooyoung's hands to hold it in his own. "yeah, i know it's not much but i wanted to give it to you. kind of stole it so..." wooyoung giggled at the last part, realizing how much of a criminal was. "not much?" san shook his head softly, "it's amazing wooyoung, thank you."

wooyoung smiled, slightly blushing at the comment. "have you eaten yet?" san asks, wooyoung shaking his head. "no, i came straight here after i woke up."

"do you want to go to the cafeteria and eat with me?" san asks again, smiling widely. "is that even a question?" wooyoung rolled his eyes, before getting up and helping san out of his bed. the two of them made their way to the cafeteria, which was where yunho and mingi were. when the arrived at the door, san stopped wooyoung by grabbing his arm as he eyed a certain couple.

"is that, yunho and dr. song, kissing?" his eyes widen, wooyoung looked over where san's gaze was and saw it too. mingi and yunho were kissing, but had pulled away almost immediately. "i knew that would happen." wooyoung smirks, before grabbing san's hand and walking over to them. "come on."

they walked over the yunho and mingi's table, before taking a seat. "hi guys, how's the relationship?" wooyoung asks, knowing exactly what he was saying. "uh- what relationship?" yunho asks, trying to act innocent, but san smiled at them. "we saw you kissing."

yunho's mouth dropped open, before nodding his head. "ohhh, we don't speak of that. okay?" wooyoung giggled, "uhuh, sure." yunho scratched his neck awkwardly before turning to san. "hey san, how are you?" san shrugged, "okay enough to walk i guess, but i'm happy." yunho smiled, nodding his head. "why are you happy after all of that?" mingi asks curiously, furrowing his eyebrows. san smiles, before turning to wooyoung only. "because i have him by my side."  wooyoung shoved san's shoulder softly so he would't hurt him, "stop that.." he rested his head on san's shoulder as they continued to talk to yunho and mingi.

"just marry each other already!" mingi jokes, before wooyoung glares at him. "why don't you two get married then?" mingi froze, not knowing how to respond. "exactly!"

the table became silent, before yunho's gaze landed on someone who entered the room. "san i think someone wants to talk to you." yunho says, nodding his head at yeosang. san turned around, smiling at his best friend before turning back to wooyoung.

"i'll be right back okay?" wooyoung nods, letting san go with yeosang while he was left with yunho and mingi. as soon as he was gone, he rested his head on the table and let out a sigh. "my heart hurts." yunho frowns, looking over at mingi who also frowned.

wooyoung just wanted to be in a relationship with san, even though he could finally see him again his heart was still in pain. after being apart from san for so long, he wanted to make sure that he would never lose him again.

___________

i'm really sorry if this sucked :(((
i know you guys will like it anyway, but i just wasn't feeling that confident in it. but here you go!! i'll try to update again soon. and thank you guys for 24k reads 🥺