(4)

He keeps his head low, eyes transfixed on the black haired girl at the round table with her group of friends

He keeps his head low, eyes transfixed on the black haired girl at the round table with her group of friends. A full bottle of wine in the middle resting in a bucket of ice. It's the happiest he has seen her. A beautiful smile spread wide as she brings the champagne glass to her lips.

The glass being held delicately in between those sharp nail stiletto fingers. Sharp enough to leave marks down his back if he really wanted it too. He does but he can't exactly have that right now.

Her bright beautiful eyes lined perfectly with eyeliner. Still. He finds his chest swelling with admiration. He takes a seat at the bar, ordering a water. Careful to keep his voice low as he turns to take a look at the venue chosen. The liquid swirls as she nods and agrees to whatever being said as it's being placed back down on to the wood carved table.

His smile spreads wide across his face as he takes a sip of his water. Feeling chills take over as he does so. The water refreshing after being out and following her every move to keep her safe all day.

It's the least he could do since he can't make his self known for the time being.

It's the blonde who slams her hand on the table, startling Circe half to death as she presses a hand to her chest. As Chris takes in details more now anyway. He begins to notice the many different things that separates her from the group of friends she has.

Despite her style, the way type of way she carries herself. He sees she prefers black clothing. The many tattoos and piercings. The overall style she has. While her friends are more of a mix, but more classy and rich. From the way the these girls carry themselves, they are far too fancy and high class for Circe.

From the facebook page alone, Skye is the one she is the closest too. She's rich. Her parents are not her, but she has gotten everything she's ever wanted. She overall seems successful. Maybe a bit of a bitch but from the posts are on Circe's page, she means well.

It's as he stares at her from across the bar, he realizes just alone. He finds himself finding more ways to fall for you. As if he wasn't deep enough already. Deep enough to drown in the feelings that take over inside of his head.

The connection that already is there to him, it's getting deeper and deeper.

It's the way the nails on your nails are in between your teeth, chewing at them. A nervous tick? Maybe? It's kinda cute. He can't help but feel it. The way every so often you'll look down at the table and stare before a few seconds you are back in the conversation again.

As if you hadn't dipped out mentally for a minute.

It's as if he couldn't fall any deeper. It's not possible to fall anymore on her.  Only to be proven wrong at the thought when he is laying in bed at night and thinking of her. As if the universe knows he is gonna get to her. The very person who he wouldn't dare mess it up like the last one.

She was everything Circe was not.

She was not the good person.

A facade, one he won't do again so help him god.

Her phone is pressed tightly to her ear, her black hair flowing with the wind

Her phone is pressed tightly to her ear, her black hair flowing with the wind. Her hips swinging back and forth, but that's because of her heels. The very confidence they give her. Chris can't help but stare as they sway. His mouth watering at the sight.

Every single thing about her, absolutely beautiful.

He'll have to write a thank you note to her parents soon.

She giggles as she makes her way in front of him, her focus on the crosswalk just a few feet ahead. It's the closest Chris has ever been to her. He can take in details now.

She stops at the crosswalk. All her weight going to one leg as she tilts to her side. Her eyes looking straight ahead. Not once looking behind her. It's okay though, he'll keep her safe. Just from where he keeps the distance. He won't dare let anything happen to her.

It's as she looks away, that her phone drops in the road. Her heel breaking off one of the shoes. Circe curses, kneeling down to grab the phone as best as she can without loosing her balance. She looses her balance, catching it before loosing it again. She falls, her head hitting the ground.

"Fuck!"

She whimpers as she sits up, wiping at her head to see blood coming down.

Her eyes going to where her hand now has blood on it.

Chris's eyes widen.

His feet moving before he can even think, his hand grabbing her arm and yanking her out of the street. Pulling her into his body as he speaks to her.

Her eyebrows scrunch together looking to the man who is she now laying in the lap of. Her mouth parted as she stares at him. Completely unaware of what's even going on till she looks down at her heel with a frown.

"Can you hear me?"

He moves the hair from her face.

She looks back to the man.

His brows are furrowed as he spots the blood, "Are you okay?"

She shakes her head, a hand going to her forehead as she groans once the reality sets back in. The sounds around her filling her ears once again and she hisses at the sounds. They are twice as loud as she remembers them.

"M'am."

Chris speaks up again.

Her gems find his, "Are you okay?"

She nods.

Unsure of what happened other than her heel breaking and her phone no longer in her hand.  All she knows is whatever buzz she did have going, it's long gone. Her heart is pounding in her chest and against everything. The man in front of her with the death grip on her arm as he helps her up. She is pretty sure he had saved her from something more serious then she can place currently.

"You dropped your phone."

He speaks up again.

"I stopped you from getting hit by a car."

He leads her to a bench just a few feet down from where they stand.

"Let's get you to sit down."

She nods once again.

Following the lead of the man with a limp, far too confused to even try to walk on her own now.

He takes the seat beside her. His brown eyes transfixed on her.

Sure, this wasn't planned but at least he can swoop in now. He saved her fucking life. It's a foot in the right direction.

He is her knight and shining armor, it's like some cheesy disney movie.

But this is how love stories happen?

Right?