(5)

His eyes drink her in

His eyes drink her in. Even with blood stained to the top of her head, she still makes the breath in his chest just stop. His heart beat a thousand miles a minute. It makes his chest cave with admiration. He can't help but stare at her from where she is beside him. A beautiful magnificent creature in this world she is.

All for him.

It's just a good feeling to be this close to her. No longer twenty feet or more. Keeping an eye on her from a distance, it's not doing it anymore. He can see the beauty mark closer now. The little freckles that rest along her nose and dance across her cheeks. Such a sight.

Her head turns to where he sits, an eyebrow raised as she moves the hair once again stuck to her head, dried blood crusted over and in it. She gives a smile. The kindest one she can muster, the genuine one she doesn't give out much.

Chris swears the world has stopped alone.

She winces as she moves. Her head suddenly pounding. The pain of her head head hitting the pavement taking over. Her hand going to her head.

Chris's hand comes to rest on her arm. A concerned look spread on his face.

"Are you okay?"

He scoots closer, allowing her head to rest on his shoulder. A hiss of pain escaping past her red plump lips.

"I'm okay."

Chris frowns, "Let me at least help get you home."

The woman frowns, shaking her head, going to stand before her head spins around her. Her feet falling from under her. Her eyes go wide. Horror spread on her face as she realizes that this man now has to help her. As if she needs another one in her life now.

"Come on. I'll get you home."

Chris offers his hand to her.

She is hesitant as she stares it. Weighing her options, but she takes it knowing she can't make it home alone. She can barely stand. She follows behind the taller man as he steps to the light on the side of the road. His hand raised to get a cab. His other hand going to wrap around her as she stands at his side.

"What's your address?"

He asks.

Her head resting against his side, her hand going to hold on to his hip.

Her eyes close and it's when she opens them that she sees the cab, his hands resting at her lower back to help her in the cab. He follows behind as he tries to get her to answer the question once again. One she is having trouble focusing on. 

"Where do you live?"

She mumbles the address.

The pounding in her head twice as worse. Her head falls to the headrest of the seat behind her. Her head tilting to the window as she looks over the passing cars and trees. The lights illuminating her features. Every so often closing her eyes before opening them again.