(14)

Chris closes the door behind the two of them, stopping at the dresser that rests by the window as he stares at the girl

Chris closes the door behind the two of them, stopping at the dresser that rests by the window as he stares at the girl. Tears still filled in her eyes. In all black attire, her hair up in a bun. It's the best she could do after the months heartache. She sits on the bed, her shaky hands going to the heels where the buckle is. Doing her best to unbuckle them.

All she wants to do is curl in the bed of hers, cry whatever she can off. Fully prepared for the makeup that's still left on her face to roll down her cheeks as if they weren't stained from this morning already.

"Fuck."

She whimpers, giving up on the heels and scoots into her large bed. Her eyes closed as she finds her pillow and lays her head on it. Her hands coving her face as she sighs into them. Chris moves beside her bringing her legs to his lap, unbuckling the shoes before sliding them off of her feet and letting them hit the floor one by one before moving them back to where they had been before.

He stands up pressing a kiss to her forehead turning on his heels before her hand comes to stop him.

"Are you leaving?"

Chris doesn't say anything, his eyes finding hers where they now bore into his. The broken look spread wide. A look that makes his stomach turn. One he doesn't like.

She frowns at him, "Don't leave me please. I just buried my ex today Chris. I don't want to be alone. Please."

She sits up in her bed, moving the cover to where he can lay down beside her.

"Please."

Circe stares at the man. The man she had came to recently love. Sure, it was too soon. Two months of dating, but through her bullshit. Her heartbreak, the horrors of her life that had ultimately dragged her under this current. He had been there. Through all the roller coasters of her life, he hadn't ran yet. Not like Daniel had.

She needed him.

It's where she had been laying in bed at night, healing from the things she had been through where she had realized that. She loves Chris. The thought of him not being near her, it makes her chest ache.

She can't loose anyone else.

The thought of him here with her, it makes her heart happy. It makes the world a little less dull. She finds herself missing the things she hasn't even gotten to do with him, but missing him in ways she had never experienced.

No man has ever made her feel the way he has.

It would absolutely kill her now if he wouldn't be her rock.

Chris nods, moving to the bed where he sits down and slips his shoes off. He climbs into the bed, moving the blankets on her side so she can curl into his side. Feeling the way his body effortless matches her, it just makes sense.