(6)

He sucks in a breath, amazed at the beauty that makes Circe her

He sucks in a breath, amazed at the beauty that makes Circe her. Her black hair is curled. Half parted to the side. Her eyelids done with a smokey eye. The gems that match the ocean shining twice as bright. The blue light enough to be a grey, the swirls of different colors dancing twice as bright. It takes his breath away.

It makes his heart flutter and his stomach gather with butterflies.

As he stands, drinking her in like a fine wine despite him being straight edge, a choice he had made a long time ago. He won't turn down this opportunity. He is glad he had dressed up in a nice black suit. Sure it was left over from a former business meeting, but it was gonna be unused any other time.

He is gonna make use of this nice expensive suit.

He does need to put his best foot forward.

Her lips are painted in her signature red shade that's always on wherever she goes unless she is at home. Lip gloss being replaced then instead of the color of sex appeal. The tint of it left behind whenever she washes it off. Her lips look so perfect and plump. Chris hopes tonight is the night he can press his lips to hers. Feel how they feel against his. If they fit with his like the puzzle pieces he has dreamed about time and time again.

He is aching to know.

Her hands hold a clutch bag the shape of a coffin just like her nails. It matching the slick black and red dress. Her heels making her a few feet taller. He drinks in the woman with everything in him, he holds back the need to lick his lips.

As if he'll be able to taste her.

She turns on her heels, her hands shaking as she finds his eyes. He gives a soft smile. A hand reaching for hers. He hopes he isn't overstepping. At all, he just wants to feel that touch of her skin against his again.

She takes it, her fingers lading with his. She gives his hand a squeeze and looks up to where he looks back down at her. He's just aching to figure her out. Her, as much as him equally.

He leads her to his car, opening the door and helping her as she gets in. Her eyes taking in the detail of the interior. Her hands resting calmly in her lap again. The driver door opens, her attention going to him as he gets in and shuts the car door.

Turning the key, his car comes on. His music blaring before him. Some metal station. He is quick to turn the radio down. His head turning to Circe from where she sits. Still no words being spoken.

Chris breaks the silence first, "I'm sorry about that. I am not used to having someone in the car with me."

Circe flashes a smile at the man, her teeth on display. A genuine smile like a few nights before. His heart speeding the octaves up at it. His own smile getting bigger just alone from the fact her eyes sparkle like a star in the sky.