(15)

Circe watches where Chris stands at the stove, his idea of a date night to cheer her up

Circe watches where Chris stands at the stove, his idea of a date night to cheer her up. He had taken her to a bigger home, a vacation home as he called it. He had lit candles around the fireplace, had even picked up all her favorite movies. Right down to chick flicks.

In his own words, it was her night.

He was gonna hold up to that promise.

She can't believe she loves this man. That this man is all hers. Beyond belief, he is all hers. He looks to where she sits on the couch, her attention on him as he cooks shirtless. His tattooed covered body on display for her.

"You are such a beautiful man."

She smiles.

He raises an eyebrow at the woman, "My, are you flirting with me?"

Circe rolls her eyes looking back down to where her phone sits in her lap. The group chat of friends going nuts at the news of Hannah and Lynn's engagement. She feels bummed she had missed it, but she knows they understand.

Her life had been chaotic.

It had been a shit show and the last thing she wanted to was make anything worse on any of her friends. Bringing the wine glass to her lips, she takes a sip before sitting back down on the table and looking back down to her phone. Swiping right on the camera and snapping pictures of Chris as he looks at the current task.

A way to remember her boyfriend of now three months as of today's date, October 25th.

She looks at the screen, a text popping up from her friend Ocean. She can't tell much, but she can tell there is panic there. She opens it and reads it. Chills taking over her body as she looks up to Chris, his back turned to where she looks.

Call me now!

Circe, i'm serious!

Circe frowns, responding with a why as she waits for the message to come up. It's not long of a wait before a text bubble pops up, Ocean's panic only following down to the girls bones more as she sucks in a breath and looks to find to Chris staring at her. An eyebrow raised.

"Babe, are you okay?"

Circe nods, unsure to say anything.

"Uh, yeah. Just typical Ocean bullshit."

Circe gives a smile, "I am gonna stand up to call her though. Just to check in."

She grabs her phone and head off to the back porch. Sliding the glass door closed behind her. Double checking to make sure Chris hadn't followed her out here before she looks down to the screen.