(10)

"Chris?"

"Chris?"

His head jerks up to the woman in front of him. A confused look on her face, her eyebrows furrowed as she crosses her arms and stares down at the man. Those bright eyes of hers wide and filled with questions. Her mind going in circles.

Maybe that's fear.

Chris slides his phone back in his pocket, the current situation not a concern nor worry for him. Standing and wiping his hands on his black jean, a habit he had done since child hood. He extends his hand to the woman of his focus.

In hopes to make it less weird for both of them.

His skin tingling once she takes it. Despite the obvious tension that is there between the two. It fading at least, he hopes.

She shakes his hand with caution, "What are you doing here?"

She's biting her bottom lip as she stares at the man. Her oceans on his brown caramel colored eyes with intet. With intentions of figuring him out.

For the sake she could.

He gives her a gentle smile, "I have been coming here for a little bit. I didn't know you worked here though. Not till tonight, I'm usually here for an hour and then leave."

Her eyebrows raise, her posture going straight as she looks at him. 

She doesn't know why that bugs her when she isn't even interested in him, but here she was. The feeling alone making her skin crawl.  Yet, she knows he means no harm. It's just the feeling he gives.

Although she's never been good at reading people.

"What do you mean?"

Chris looks at her, his hand coming to move the strands of her hair out of the way. Her body going stiff as he does so. His thumb going to run along her cheek.

"You looked sad up there."

She frowns and looks down to the ground, the shakiness appearing in her hands again. The hollow feeling in her chest coming back to her again. It's taking everything inside of her not to breakdown again.

"Are you okay?"

Her eyes look to Chris, tears now in them as she shakes her head no. Her hand going to rest on his upper arm. She gives a smile despite the fact the tears rolling down her cheeks. She fakes the best she can as she stares at the man with all the strength she can muster.

"Let's get your hour started you paid for."

Chris stops her as she urges him to sit back down, "You don't have too. I'm comfortable with just talking. That's all i really paid for Saccharine."

The softness in his voice, the seriousness in it.

It's her brows that raise at him, not use to what is happening. Most men don't care. They don't care if she is sad and crying or even upset and don't want to be here. Though she can refuse this whole thing before ever stepping foot into the room, she needs the money.