(13)

Circe's heels click across the floor, her hair bouncing as she walks to the back room from the stage

Circe's heels click across the floor, her hair bouncing as she walks to the back room from the stage. She sits at the vanity table, the money earned from tonight being placed in her duffle bag. She grabs her phone in her hands as she reads what's on her screen that had popped up while out on the stage. A smile on her face from the little endearing message.

The curtain opens up, the dancer's boss at the door as she looks up.

"Hi mom."

Her boss gives a small smile, repeating a hi back as her face goes back it its permanent resting bitch face. Unsure how to bring it up to the younger woman who had became her adopted daughter and biggest money maker yet.

Circe looks back down to the phone again, her fingers steadily typing at the screen before she hits send. Locking the device, she holds the phone in her hand. Her eyes back on the boss, a concerned look on her face.

The boss clears her throat,

"Circe sweetie, there is some cops here to talk to you."

Circe raises an eyebrow as sits her phone down, confused but nonetheless stands up. Fixing the black shorts, she follows after her boss leading her to the quiet side of the club.

Her nerves are attacking her as she follows behind the boss. Always dressed to the nines in her suits. Her hair pinned up and curled like a pin up girl in those magazines. Makeup perfectly done and less as well compared to the most the girls here.

The boss stops in front of the cops. Arms crossed as Circe stops  as well, making her way beside the boss. A concerned look on her face as she looks between the three of them.

Chris sits in his usual spot, his eyes trained to the spot where his girlfriend stands. Her back to him as he sees the older woman who had always been the one to run the money for him to her before she had become his girlfriend standing beside her.

He was well known around here.

At least by the boss.

He sees Circe shake their hand, nodding her head then looking to where the boss points before she is nodding again.

He follows the three of them, his eyes more or so on his girlfriend. 

The boss leads them to her office and allowing them to sit down in the seats. Circe stands, her arms crossed. Suddenly feeling a little underdressed as the cops take in her attire like they hadn't know they were in a strip club.

It makes her stomach turn at the way they are staring at her. Still, she can't give in like it bugs her. It's not why they are here. She has a damn good feeling as to why they are. It's best to get over with as if this whole situation hadn't made her sick for days on end.

As if she wasn't having nightmares from it.

"What's the problem officers?"

She asks, an eyebrow raised. Slightly scared for the current situation.