Chapter One: ANNABETH

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN PERCY JACKSON OR THE HOO NOR DO I OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS IN THE BOOKS USED BELOW. CREDITS TO RICK RIORDAN. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ps. this is loosely based off of another story I read, you should check it out: Demigods and High School by thatfillipinawriter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT THE HELL TRAVIS?" Clarisse bellowed among the chaos of the council. Grover sat to Annabeth's left and Leo to her right. Among the demigods were Jason, Piper, Rachel, Leo, Clarisse, Travis and Connor Stoll, Will Solace and a mix of about 15 other head counselors including those of the minor gods. Chiron and Coach Hedge finally appeared in the doorway. I glanced at Chiron and he gave my a sigh of disapproval.

Coach stepped forward, "QUIET DOWN CUPCAKES! OR IM GONNA PUMMEL EACH AND EVERYONE OF-"

"That wont be necessary Glesson but I appreciate the enthusiasm." Chiron wheeled over the head of the ping-pong table maneuvering around cheese-wiz bottles and rolling over aluminum Fonzie chip bags filling the silence.

"Can we go already? We haven't had any pressing matters in weeks." Travis complained. It was true. Full war council continued to meet every Sunday and Wednesday ever since the battle against Gaea ended to ensure that no more massive disasters occur. After having two different, deadly wars in a row. The camp had stayed on lockdown. Fortunately, nothing happened. We never heard any more big prophecies from Rachel, our oracle of Delphi, and surprisingly enough monsters rarely attacked the camp anymore. Thanks to Percy and her success in sealing the doors of death. They were expecting today to be the fourth Wednesday in a row that they'd been immediately dismissed.

Chiron shot him an irritated look. "Thats actually what I wanted to discuss with you all." He looked around the room. "As you know during the recent events, an extensive patch of all crop fields in the United States were severely damaged by the farming gods. Fortunately for us, because of the camps magical borders, our strawberry fields continue to thrive even during the winter. So, we have some extra cash. Being one of a few farms open for business as of right now, our sales have skyrocketed."

Annabeth felt a little hurt, Chiron normally told her everything, but she had no clue where he was going with this.

"Whoohoo! Camp is rich!" Leo grinned.

"Not quite, but our allies at Camp Jupiter have agreed that it would be beneficial to acquire some new properties around the country to provide hospitality and aid should new quests arise." Chiron glanced at Coach who spread a map of the United States with 4 blue dots and 2 orange and purple dots across the table. The demigods leaned in for a better view. Annabeth quickly deciphered that the orange and purple dots were Camp Half-blood and Camp Jupiter. She also guessed that the blue dots were the 'new properties' that Chiron spoke of.

Coach Hedge cleared in throat. "We have a new property next to each camp in case we need to visit each other in large groups. One in Houston and one in Minneapolis." He pointed to the respective dots around the map. They have been stocked with all sorts of supplies but the locations in Houston and Minneapolis are currently being rented out to mortals or citizens of New Rome on vacation."

"What about the locations in Manhattan and San Francisco?" Annabeth looked at Chiron.

"Well both camps have decided that it would be best to partially lift the lockdown placed on the camps and allow small groups of campers to live in each location and attend high school." Chiron said as the demigods shuffled with excitement. The camps lockdown required all campers to stay past the summer regardless of whether they were year rounders or not with a few exceptions. Annabeth boyfriend, Percy, was one of those exceptions because his parents live in Manhattan only hours from camp. More powerful demigods, stayed year round (Percy was another exception) so going to a real high school was a dream for them. And the summer campers have been eager to return home a few months as November crept up on them. Annabeth usually went home to San Francisco to stay with her dad and attend school there. As much as she missed her dad, he was the only thing keeping her from being a year round camper. Camp Half-Blood had been her home since she was seven. She could never get enough of the rolling hills and strawberry fields.