Chapter Nine: PIPER

Piper awoke to someone knocking on her door. "Hello?" She rolled out of bed and shuffled towards the door.

Jason was standing in front of her door wearing a t-shirt and khaki shorts. He greeted her with a hug. "Piper, it's noon."

She groaned and threw her head back. Suddenly she became very conscious of the fact the her hair must've looked like a rats nest. Jason and her had hung out in the movie room the night before going their separate ways. She had fallen asleep sometime around 2 AM. She grabbed her hair instinctively and groaned again when she felt the massive knot that had surfaced at the back of her head.

Jason laughed, "Hey don't worry. You look great. I'll give you some privacy so you can change okay? I'll see you downstairs in a few?"

She nodded groggily and shut the door. After brushing her hair, putting on fresh clothes and washing her face, Piper collapsed on her bed.

The next time she awoke. Jason was laying next to her staring at her.

She shot up. "I'm up, I'm up!" The blinds were open, her bed was made neatly and her pajamas seemed to have made their way into her hamper. "What did you do?" She looked at him and he smirked.

"Just cleaned up a bit."

She rolled her eyes. Jason wasn't quite a neat freak, but it was clear that he liked things organized. "You just couldn't resist could you?" She fell back into bed and kissed him.

"Good morning, Piper." She stared into his icy blue eyes. "C'mon, let's grab you some food."

She followed him into the kitchen. He gestured for her to sit down on one of the barstools as he ransacked the kitchen. After a few seconds he looked up at her. "Uh, what exactly do vegans eat for breakfast?"

She laughed. "An apple and some peanut butter would be perfect." She watched as he washed off an apple, cut it and scooped some peanut butter onto the plate. "Thank you." She smiled. "What have you been doing all morning?"

"Well, Grover made me an interesting breakfast of tin cans and fruit. And then afterwards, I helped Leo build some tunnel thingy in his room. I'm surprised you didn't hear his machinery going off. It was hella loud."

Piper munched on her apple. "So what should we do today? What's everyone up to?"

"Olivias waiting for her tryout results, camping out on her computer and refreshing her email. And Percy, our Manhattan expert, took Leo to meet up with Toby and shoot some hoops. Not sure how Leos doing there..."

Piper put her hand over her mouth covering her laughter.

"I'm not sure what Annabeth's doing. But I was thinking we could wander the city together. I've never seen New York and I thought it could be fun."

"Sounds good. I just need to talk to Annabeth about something before we go. One sec, okay?"

Piper found Annabeth in the theater room with her laptop and a notebook, taking notes on the gods know what. She took a seat next to her.

"Hey, how did your chat with Percy go?" Yesterday, Annabeth had confided in Piper with a problem she'd been having with Percy. She had felt hurt that Percy never told her about his school life before, so Piper suggested she just ask. She told Piper shed planned to do it last night.

She smiled. "Really good, actually. We stayed up talking for hours and I feel even closer with him now."

Piper wished she and Jason would do that. She loved him, but they hadn't had a night like that in months.