Chapter Twenty-Two: LEO

Leo watched Taft as he studied.

They had agreed to meet in the library before school to work on their end of semester project which was due on December first. Five days.

Taft was reading a book on cicadas telling Leo different personality traits and such while Leo was supposed to be programming the bugs control disks on his computer to conform to the information Taft had given him.

"Um-hello? Earth to Leo!" Taft called pulling Leo out of his trance.

"Oh uh sorry. Spaced out a bit there, must be the ADHD. What was that?"

Taft swept his perfect dirty blonde hair back. "Cicadas produce rhythmical ticks, buzzes or whines and in some species the song is musical."

"Gotcha, fun noises coming right up." He turned to his computer and began coding downloading sample sounds but couldn't help but think of Taft staring at him. Leo looked up and met Taft's chocolate brown eyes. The bell rang.

Leo and Taft shot up and began packing away their work, slinging their backpacks over their shoulders. "Hey Leo, you wanna come to my place today and try to finish?"

Leos heart skipped. Relax. It's not a date. Plus you have a girlfriend. "Yeah sure sounds great."

"KK. I'll text you." Leo watched as Taft walked away.

He exhaled the breath he didn't know he was holding. He realized something more than fucked up. He had a crush on Taft.

***

Leo spotted Jason at his locker being heckled by some pretty black haired girl. Now that Piper and Jason were on a break. It seemed like a lot of students at Goode decided to make the most of the situation.

"Hey Jace. I gotta talk to you man. It's urgent." Leo said.

Jason whipped around and shut his locker. "Of course." He turned and followed Leo into the empty stairwell, leaving the girl he was speaking to alone and speechless, placing a soft smirk of satisfaction on Jasons face.

"Whats up man?" Jason said.

Leo could feet himself sweating. He could tell this to Jason. He trusted Jason more than anyone. Jason would understand. "You know that kid Taft in my ecology class?"

"Sure, yeah." Jason said curiously.

Leo dropped his voice to a whisper. "I, um, I kind of have a crush on him."

Jasons eyes widened and he almost yelled something but Leo shushed him before he started announcing it to the whole school.

"What about Calypso man?"

"I don't know I guess I just haven't seen her in so long. She seems so uninterested when we iris message."

"I didn't even know you liked dudes." Jason said giving him a pat on the back.

Leos cheeks grew hot. "Yeah, I-uh, didn't really know that either." After a moment of silence he continued, "What do I do?"

Jason was silent. "I'm not sure. As you know I'm not really the relationship expert myself."

Leo groaned. "Ugh. You have to help me. Im going over to his place after school today to work and I don't think I can do it. Please tell me what you think."

"Honestly? I think you should tell Calypso. I mean you're already like, what, emotionally cheating on her. You still love her?"

He nodded painfully. "I think so."

"I'd go make sure. That sucks. Glad you came to me though, I won't tell anyone."